Akamai: Principal Data Scientist
Akamai is growing fast and so is the volume of data we manage - if you love analyzing and extracting meaningful insight from big data, and see it applied, this opportunity is for you.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Akamai is growing fast and so is the volume of data we manage. We need someone with the experience and ambition to use this data to help lead change in our fast-changing, entrepreneurial environment. If you love analyzing and extracting meaningful insight from data, and then see your insight practically applied, this role is full of opportunity for you.
You will apply your highly developed, highly practical analytical skills and your experience with statistical analysis, predictive modeling and data mining to derive actionable insight from large volumes of data that will to delight our customers and improve outcomes across our business.
About the Team
This role would start a newly formed team with data science responsibility across our company and reporting to the VP, Process Engineering.
- Help business leaders in Sales, Marketing, Product and Operations groups formulate critical questions that may be answered through statistical analysis
- Build mathematical models to analyze and derive practical insight from large volumes of data
- Help drive business decisions in areas such as product pricing, customer segmentation, product development, capital deployment and forecasting of customer behavior
- Create compelling visualizations to communicate insights to executive management
- Define new business metrics if required and build measurement systems if needed
- Master Degree or PhD in discipline with major Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, or Computer Science component
- 8+ years of experience building and applying sophisticated statistical models
- 8+ years experience in data mining, machine learning and building statistical models
- Experience communicating insights from complex data to non-technical audiences
- Proficient in R, SAS, MATLAB or equivalent
- Experience in general programming language such as Ruby, Python, Perl, Java, or C
- Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Hive or equivalent software
- Experience in sales and marketing analysis
- Experience with modeling demand curves
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Proven success executing multiple parallel projects
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Top Stories Past 30 Days