IXI Services, a division of Equifax: Marketing Data Scientist
Part of Strategic Analytic Solutions group, support research and development of innovative analytical solutions using econometric and statistical methodologies and techniques.
Location: McLean, VA
IXI Services, a division of Equifax, helps the nation's leading financial services and consumer marketing firms optimize marketing efforts, assess markets, and enhance practice and performance management. For nearly 20 years, IXI has enabled marketing and sales executives to differentiate and target consumer households based on our unique data foundation, including measures of wealth, income, spending, credit, investment style, share-of-wallet, and share-of-market. IXI is a rapidly growing organization headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in McLean, Virginia.
IXI seeks bright, determined people that thrive in a dynamic environment. We want people who are excited about the opportunity to make an immediate impact with their work and who are independent thinkers that have the job and interpersonal skills necessary to bring forth new and innovative solutions for our clients.
The Marketing Data Scientist is a staff position in our Strategic Analytic Solutions group of IXI Services. This individual supports research and development of innovative analytical solutions using econometric and statistical methodologies and techniques. This position supports statistical solutions from consumer industries ranging from financial services (banking, lending, asset management, and insurance) to consumer services (automotive, travel, entertainment, telecommunications, retail, and restaurant).
- Work with analytics team on the formation of new analytic solutions
- Lead complex project design
- Independently carry out modeling, validations, and analysis projects bringing a best in class product analytics service to market
- Research new techniques as appropriate for a specific solution
- Ensure quality end-to-end deliverables of developed analytical solutions
- Create detailed documentation outlining design and technical specifications of each solution
- Communicate and consult with sales and product management on technical and non-technical issues
- Mentor new statisticians and share knowledge with other members of the team
- 5+ years of experience in an applied statistics/econometrics role delivering on marketing initiatives.
- Graduate level degree in a highly quantified field, such as; economics, statistics, or mathematics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong aptitude & proven ability to develop data-driven solutions to meet business objectives
- Ability to derive insight from large amounts (terabytes) of diverse customer data
- Hands-on experience with statistical techniques such as: linear and logistic regression, forecasting, decision trees, Bayesian, clustering techniques, neural networks, principle component, fuzzy logic, etc.
- Experience in SAS or R, SQL and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on company objectives
- Prior analytical experience in, automotive, travel, entertainment, telecommunications, retail, and restaurant, or financial services industry
- Experience with distributed computing software such as Greenplum or Vertica on terabytes of data to derive analytic results
Visit www.equifax.com/careers/, search for job number J00011422, (Marketing Data Scientist)
IXI statisticians work on a range of analytical projects that develop solutions to meet business objectives for external customers. Projects may also encompass the setting of business strategy to determine actions based on developed business drivers. These business drivers enable decisions to be made throughout the customer lifecycle, from account acquisition, through cross sell, and existing customer management, in order to address the marketing objective(s). IXI's custom analytical solutions incorporate IXI products around wealth, credit, income, spend, and segmentation as well as client and third party data sources where appropriate. The senior statistician role encompasses design, development, review with customer (internal or external), and implementation support. Projects may include the management and mentoring of other statisticians. Creativity and new thinking appropriate to the business problem is encouraged.
A Day in the Life of an IXI Services Senior Statistician
A Senior Statistician is likely to be working on several projects concurrently, although the focus at any one time is likely to be on one project. While spending most time with hands on development of new statistical solutions, there is likely to be some time spent working with others on the design and data gathering for the next major project, as well as following up with support questions on the previous project.
Life at IXI is always interesting, with time spent working on projects spanning different objectives, techniques, and multiple data sources. No two projects are ever the same, so there is great opportunity to learn and gain experience in a rewarding way. Creativity and the application of multiple statistical techniques is encouraged, offering further opportunity for growth within a satisfying daily experience.