Globys: Applied Data Scientist, Machine Learning and Data Science
This is Data Science experience of a lifetime - implement (mainly in Python) machine learning and complex data analytics on massive datasets for real-time marketing.
Location: Seattle, WA
- Data Science experience of a lifetime!
- Implement Machine Learning and complex data analytics for real-time marketing
- Work in Python to develop meaningful insights from massive datasets
Based in Seattle, Globys provides some of the world's leading communications providers with solutions that help them leverage and monetize their customer data assets. A spin off from VeriSign Inc., one of the world's leading providers of infrastructure services, Globys offers a suite of targeted marketing solutions that have helped meet the needs of communications service providers for more than 13 years.
As an Applied Data Scientist at Globys, you join a seasoned team successfully combining advanced science with the delivery of business capabilities at scale. This diverse group of scientists and engineers has come together for the purpose of developing a novel, knock-your-socks-off platform for extracting knowledge from big data. Check out this video for more youtu.be/2deg4YauQHo
Our ideal candidate will excel at translating business goals and research questions into data discovery analysis, results and prototype modeling output, presenting them to both expert team members and to business stakeholders - and ultimately delivering the output to a team of architects and design engineers developing production-quality software code.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Knowledge in a variety Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques, such as: Pattern classification, statistical learning, Bayesian Decision Theory, parameter estimation, support vector machines, neural networks, regularization techniques, decision trees, regression trees, Hidden Markov models, dynamic Bayesian networks, k-means clustering, etc.
- Mathematical Programming, including linear, quadratic and semi-definite programming, with a solid understanding of constrained and unconstrained methods, sub-gradient algorithms and interior point methods
- Proficient in Python including NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn and other packages that enable data science and machine learning at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for customer interactions and team collaboration demonstrated through talks, formal and informal papers and other publications, with English as a primary or exceptionally strong second language.
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline
- Bonus: Familiarity with MapReduce concepts, distributed computations, marketing/advertising analytics
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW for a confidential discussion about this outstanding opportunity. Joining our team will get you working with some of the best in the business as we continue our highly visible work; solving complex and exciting problems to deliver real and meaningful solutions for a global customer base.
At Globys, we bring together energetic entrepreneurially-minded individuals to build amazing products that people all over the world use. As a team, we're really excited about what we're accomplishing. Globys is a profitable, globally admired, engineering-oriented company that is thriving in the very hot telecommunications and mobile analytics space. We're giving our customers what they need the most - deep insight into their data and software to better tailor their services to meet their customer needs. And, we think that's really cool!
See a video tour of our Seattle offices:
We're passionate about creating an environment where people love what they do and who they are doing it with. A place where ...
- The CEO knows your name
- The energy and enthusiasm of the team will get you fired up, every day
- Customers (and our customers' customers) are always top-of-mind
- Elegance in software design and implementation do not take a backseat to shipping under time pressure. Where your craft is just that - your craft
- Hard work is rewarded professionally and financially!