JCA: Data Analyst, BI Group
Lead and support data-backed, results-based strategic decision making for our clients, by using our BI tool JCA Answers, by providing organization-wide BI consulting, and through our data mining and predictive modeling offerings.
Location: New York, NY
JCA is seeking to add a Data Analyst to join its new and growing Business Intelligence Group. The goal of JCA's BI Group is to lead and support data-backed, results-based strategic decision making for our clients. We do this by using our BI tool JCA Answers, by providing organization-wide BI consulting, and through our data mining and predictive modeling offerings. The Data Analyst will be a primary resource for helping build and deliver our analytics offerings and supporting all the BI work we do at JCA.
JCA provides strategic consulting to the world's leading nonprofits. Since 1988, we have helped nonprofit organizations work smarter. As the first and largest independent consulting firm dedicated solely to the technical and operational needs of nonprofits, JCA has uncommon insight into the challenges our clients face.
JCA works with our clients and partners to help them leverage information in new ways to increase revenue, reduce costs, and better serve their missions. We strive to help our clients realize transformative change using by leveraging their information value-chain. Our services include:
- System selection
- Systems implementation
- Systems integration
- Custom software development
- Business process optimization
- Website development
- Business intelligence
To work at JCA, you must adhere to our core values.
1. We take our work seriously. We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
2. We are honest, no matter what.
3. We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
4. Excellence drives us.
The Analyst in JCA's Business Intelligence Group will play a key role in analytics and business intelligence projects and continuing to develop JCA BI offerings. The Analyst will:
- Work with clients to identify, understand and describe data mining opportunities to improve revenue generation and operations through data analysis.
- Perform statistical data analysis and data mining.
- Build predictive models, interpret, and validate results.
- Summarize and present findings to clients and facilitate discussions on opportunities to deploy the models.
- Guide clients on implementing the model.
- Produce data visuals and narratives to support all aspect of BI projects.
- Support BI projects that involve defining metrics, assessing data capture processes, and reports, dashboards, and data visualization.
- This position include travels.
- JCA is a nationally distributed company with offices in New York, Wisconsin and Denver. Many consultants are based in their home office. There are no geographic requirements for this position, as long as the employee has ready access to a major airport.
- Degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, statistics, mathematics) or equivalent experience in a data mining/analysis oriented role.
- Experience using data analysis tools, preferably SQL Server Analysis Services and Minitab.
- Experience in MS Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and MS Power BI.
- An analytical and curious mind. Ability to frame and approach projects from an analytical perspective and a passion to use data to find answers to our clients' business questions.
- Strong grasp of statistics. Comfortable performing statistical analyses and connecting the results of these analyses to real-world scenarios.
- Experience retrieving and transforming data.
- Understanding of data mining algorithms (e.g., regression, decisions trees, cluster analysis, naive Bayes, etc.).
- Understanding of data visualization and related topics.
- Able to present ideas and conclusions clearly and to share them effectively with clients and fellow JCAers.
- Expand the capacity of JCA's BI Group through training and research.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills and a desire to interact with clients.
- Understanding of the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Previous consulting experience a plus.
- Competitive salary range based on experience and performance
- Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- eTrac Commuter program
To apply to this posting please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put Data Analyst in the subject line.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|