Enova: Data Scientist
Seeking problem solvers, self-directors and action-oriented thinkers, to help automate current processes and while supporting the Advanced Analytics, Business Analytics, Fraud Analytics and Marketing Analytics teams.
Location: Chicago, IL
Email to email@example.com
Or Apply online
Reports to: Analytics Manager
Enova Financial is currently searching for bright, energetic, and ambitious people to join our team; problem solvers, self-directors and action-oriented thinkers are required. Candidates will be expected to hit the ground running learning the technologies, strategies, and analytical techniques that will enable them to contribute to the continued success of the company. The Statistical Programmer will be responsible for automating current processes and researching systems in data management while supporting the Advanced Analytics, Business Analytics, Fraud Analytics and Marketing Analytics teams.
- Expand and maintain our existing data warehouse for purposes of standardizing data for analysis and modeling.
- Create standardized code libraries to streamline the modeling process.
- Create and maintain a standardized variable list. Ensure list is available in R, SAS, Mathematica and Python.
- Work independently with little/no supervision.
- Work effectively in a team environment and communicate with other departments and/or groups effectively.
- Create and implement a standardized model release process to ensure that models are quickly and accurately put into production.
- Research and implement best practices regarding model management and real-time Analytics.
- Collaborate with our Chief Architect, Software Engineering Team and Database Team to develop and improve our Analytics engine.
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Statistics, Natural Science, Economics, Computer Science, Programming, or related field is required.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix
- At least 2 years of extensive experience in SQL
- At least 2 years of Python, Ruby, or Java experience
- Knowledge of more or more of the following: SAS, R, Mathematica, Python (for scientific purposes)
- A demonstrated capacity to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Knowledge of regression and machine learning techniques, with ambitions to learn more
- At least 2 years of project management experience dealing with the full project life-cycle including: project definition, requirements gathering, project time lines, execution and QA
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Works well both independently and in a team environment