Chubb: Analytics Director
Leading analytic initiatives to address complex business challenges using SAS, including data extraction, integration, preparation, business rules, and quality control.
Location: Warren, NJ or New York, NY
The Enterprise Analytics unit has an opportunity for a new Senior Specialist role. This position will be responsible for leading and executing all aspects of assigned analytic initiatives to address complex business challenges utilizing SAS including extraction of target data from multiple databases, integration of multiple datasets, data preparation steps, application of business rules, and quality control checks. This position offers the opportunity to experience a wide variety of technology, tools and business problems as well as unique challenges in problem-solving.
The ideal candidate should be a change agent who is capable of independent thought with the ability to articulate it. We seek a well balanced professional who enjoys a good challenge and has the humility to listen and constantly learn.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Collaborates with business partners to understand and scope the problem, gathers business requirements and plans all the projects tasks and timelines.
• Leads assigned projects end-to-end.
• Researches, recommends, and implements new and/or alternative statistical and other mathematical methodologies appropriate for the given model or analysis.
• Creates excellent working relationships with business, IT and analytics peer group.
• Documents approach, methodology and results extensively and well. Effectively communicates results in written, oral and presentation formats.
• Mentors junior team members and project participates in peer reviews for the work of other team members/departments.
• Drives change and continuous improvement and maintains breadth and depth of perspective.
• Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills, in particular the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical results to a non-technical business audience.
• Ability to perform high-level work both independently and collaboratively as a project team member or leader.
• Basic knowledge of insurance principles and some exposure to underwriting and ratemaking concepts; basic knowledge of Marketing and Claims desirable.
• Ability to work in a complex project environment.
• Ability to rapidly learn new tools & software.
• Formal project management experience is a plus.
Education & Experience:
• Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Engineering with approximately 5 years of analytics experience or Ph.D. with 3 years of industry experience.
• 1+ years of Insurance domain experience highly preferred.
Email resumes to Betsy Geiger
For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|