BehaviorMatrix: Data Scientist
A strong candidate would be highly interdisciplinary, with experience in data mining, machine learning, statistics, business analytics, and computational linguistics, as well as extensive programming experience, but flexibility and ability to learn is more important than any particular skill.
Location: Blue Bell, PA (outside Philadelphia)
Email a copy of your resume to HR@BehaviorMatrix.com .
Candidate Summary: A strong candidate for a Data Scientist at BehaviorMatrix would be highly interdisciplinary in their qualifications. Experience in data mining, machine learning, statistics, business analytics, and computational linguistics would be invaluable. A background in theory (Mathematics, Computer Science, Psychology, etc.) as well as practice would position them to participate in the kind of cutting edge R&D that maintains our competitive edge.
Individuals with programming experience in Python, R, Sage, Java, Hadoop, MapReduce, and/or GPGPU would be best equipped to jump right into our exciting research environment, but flexibility, ability to acquire programming languages, and openness to new paradigms in computation are more important than any particular skill.
Ideal candidates come from academic settings (postdoctoral researchers or research faculty looking to move into industry), research institutes (national laboratories, science/technology think tanks, etc.), or advanced tech industry research environments.
This position reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Hands on experience applying appropriate techniques and tools in Machine Learning, NLP, large-scale data transformation & analysis, and Semantic Web concepts to create revolutionary products
- MS or PHD in a related field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics) with a high degree of mathematical / statistical aptitude and proven hands on coding skills
- Experience working with and applying Neural Networks, LDA, SVM, and Clustering algorithms
- Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, ZooKeeper, hBase and CouchDB are highly desirable
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment with limited guidance.
- An eye for quality and a willingness to do what is necessary to achieve deadlines in a dynamic environment with frequent priority changes is required.
- Able to work efficiently in teams and/or as an individual
- Good oral and written communication skills.
BehaviorMatrix is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BehaviorMatrix via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from BehaviorMatrix HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BehaviorMatrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BehaviorMatrix as a result of the referral or through other means.