TXU Energy: Senior Statistical Modeling Analyst
Analyzing and developing improvements to business processes, identifying and facilitating the creation of appropriate reporting and definition around each function, managing and integrating processes relating to operations, and delivering an improved customer experience.
Location: Irving, TX
Job ID: 17926
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Masters' degree in statistics/mathematics/econometrics/economics/operations research or related field is strongly preferred
- Relevant professional certification(s) are a plus.
- 7+ years of related professional Analytical work experience with the following is required:
- Developing advanced analytical models, such as econometric, forecasting, OLS/logistic regression, neural network, decision trees, clustering, PCA models using SAS;
- Performing exploratory analysis, hypothesis testing, summarizing and presenting complex business data using advanced SQL techniques and Microsoft office (in particular Excel)
- 3+ years of experience with customer facing and/or project management methods required
- There is a strong preference for Statistical forecasting experience from within an electrical utility, finance, telecom, insurance, or other subscription based industry that requires highly sophisticated analytics to manage risk.
- 3+ years in a strategy consulting and/or market analysis role; strong analytical background is greatly preferred
- Must be a great team player who has a "can-do" attitude, with a strong desire and ability to achieve results in cooperation with other team members, with a healthy sense of business urgency.
Within TXU Energy, the Senior Statistical Modeling Analyst job function has been created to undertake policy definition and approval, customer experience definition, strategic positioning, customer characteristics and behavior definition, and other similar functions associated with the Energy Retail work streams. The Specialist has Lead and subject matter expert responsibility for analyzing and developing improvements to business processes, identifying and facilitating the creation of appropriate reporting and definition around each function, managing and integrating processes relating to operations, and delivering an improved customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain methodologies to ensure on-going accuracy and integration of processes
- Design measurement criteria to monitor the nature of the integration process
- Implement and manage an effective change management process to ensure smooth transition of new or adapted processes
- Identify process improvements to enhance TXU Energy effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop and enforce consistent practice of departmental and company processes & procedures
- Monitor and assess day-to-day related issues to ensure business practices, policies and procedures are executed in an effective manner
- Work closely with key personnel to define reporting needs and follow through with strategic partner(s) to develop these tools
- Develop and present regular and timely reports
- Integrate and manage data from various systems including CIS, CIS+, Siebel, SAP and external sources.
- Work closely with TXU Governance, TXU Energy business units and strategic partner to coordinate execution and implementation of new business and/or regulatory requirements
- Resolve reported issues in a timely and decisive manner, or escalate as appropriate
- Analyze massive amounts of customer data, such as customer feedback to identify solutions to improve and enhance the customers' experience
- Assess, analyze and prioritize new business proposals for operational viability and ensure alignment with stated business objectives
- Create and maintain ongoing dialog with strategic partner(s), internal personnel and TXU Governance to ensure a positive, valued relationship that has unambiguous alignment with business initiatives
- Apply a wide variety of high-level statistical and mathematical techniques to complicated processes for modeling, forecasting, profiling, and other complex analytical problems.
- Employ statistical knowledge to develop relevant descriptive statistics related to business functions and other characteristics used to segment customers.
- Actively work with various internal/external teams by providing data expertise, offering original perspectives, and challenging conventional views to better align decision making/perceptions with changing business needs.
- Respond to questions from business clients regarding any aspect of customer data. Conduct research and analysis to gain a detailed insight and is dedicated to providing clear and credible responses and meeting the expectations and requirements of the business clients.
- Provide direction and guidance to all levels of employees. Controls budgetary spend for function.
- Participate in the preparation of components of the function's long-range strategic, operating, and business and capacity planning.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent consulting, negotiating, consensus building and conflict resolution skills
- Extensive communication and teamwork skills with both internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in facilitating /leading large work groups, process teams and focus groups
- Advanced Skill in using computer software applications such as MS Visio, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Able to solve problems guided only by general organization objectives, policies, and goals
- Strong analytical skills, including root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of Internet and related emerging technologies used to effectively aggregate/analyze critical business data
- Excellent Project management skills
- Skill in developing and evaluating process flows.
- Expert in financial model development and analysis.
- Ability to make presentations to all levels of leadership, including Executive Management.
It is the policy of the company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|