Cogitativo: Senior Data Scientist
Our thesis is simple: through our proprietary machine learning models, we can begin to "understand" the true behaviors of our healthcare system and we can make the delivery of healthcare the way we always intended - simple, intuitive, and human.
Location: Berkeley, CA
THE COGITATIVO STORY
Our healthcare system is broken and we need your help!
We incorrectly assumed our healthcare system is a rules-based system and we believed we could fix the system by adding more rules.
Our thesis is simple: through our proprietary machine learning models, we can begin to "understand" the true behaviors of our healthcare system and we can make the delivery of healthcare the way we always intended--simple, intuitive, and human.
We are not a "tools" or "dashboard" vendor; we use challenge based learning methodologies to assist our clients in accelerating the way they discover, analyze, and shape healthcare system behaviors.
We were founded by mix of seasoned healthcare quants mixed with data scientists from Netflix, private equity, and some of the country's most prestigious clinical organizations. At Cogitativo, we believe in thinking differently; in everything we do, we challenge the status quo.
We do this by asking our clients difficult questions and by making our solutions intelligent, visually beautiful, and simple to use.Because of our personal industry experiences, we are known as great business partners and are very passionate about enhancing our healthcare system.
If you want to make an impact on our society, you found the right place!
Position: Senior Data Scientist
Job responsibilities include:
Inform product strategy, influence the product roadmap, and guide product decisions by:
- Accessing and analyzing rich healthcare data to generate insights and make proactive recommendations.
- Formulating success metrics for optimizing healthcare resources and patient experience, creating visualization to monitor them.
- Designing and analyzing experiments to test new ideas for optimizing our client's precious resources.
- Developing models and data-driven solutions that add material insight to our clients understanding of their business and their business environment
Cogitativo's data is amazingly rich and provides a fantastic opportunity for Data Scientists to explore and create, ultimately developing ways to improve our healthcare system. You'll have the opportunity to work with some of the best data people anywhere in an environment that truly values data-driven decisions.
Required qualifications include:
- Minimum three years' experience as a Data Scientist
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- Working knowledge of health care systems and healthcare terminology (preferred)
- Strong programming experience in R, Python, Julia, Java or equivalent - Pig experience desired but not required.
- Working knowledge of graph theory models, approximation schemes (preferred)
Contact: If you're up to making an impact on humanity and this position sounds like an attractive match for you, please email your CV or profile link today to firstname.lastname@example.org