IBM Research: Research Scientist – Data Mining / Learning
Hiring researchers in data analytics, visual analytics, predictive modeling, data mining and machine learning, especially with extensive experience in designing innovative solutions, and/or with a solid knowledge Big Data systems and software.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The IBM Research lab in Dublin, Ireland is accepting applications for full-time researchers from entry-level through principal investigators. We are hiring researchers in data analytics, visual analytics, predictive modeling, data mining and machine learning. We are especially interested in candidates with extensive experience in designing innovative solutions for real-world data, and/or with a solid knowledge of systems and software for dealing with big data.
Experience with data management and analysis in the context of Smarter Cities (telecommunications, transportation and mobility services, smart grids, intelligent building, water management) is a plus.
Projects will involve identifying data-intensive applications of data mining and machine learning, invention of effective algorithms for these applications, and incorporation of these algorithms in distributed and parallel software systems. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to define research plans, carry out leading research, and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents. As a researcher you will be expected to define challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
- Doctorate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Math, or related disciplines.
- At least 2 years experience in machine learning
- At least 2 years experience in data analytics
- At least 1 year experience tackling problems involving Big Data, e.g., using the Hadoop stack
- At least 2 years experience using Python, R, C, Java or Scala for large scale data analytics
- English: Fluent
- At least 2 years experience in mobile phone networks
- At least 2 years experience in telco analytics
- At least 2 years experience in mobility data mining
- At least 2 years experience in smart grid applications
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
The Smarter Cities Technology Centre is part of IBM Research and was created to take on the challenges of our increasingly urbanized world. We are an R&D organization that works closely with city authorities, universities, and businesses to advance science & technology for smarter urban and environmental systems. Areas we currently focus on include: data mining and machine learning; statistical modeling & organization, control and decision systems, social, semantic web; distributed information systems; knowledge & data engineering, geospatial analysis and organization simulation, real-time computing, and urban and environmental systems, e.g., water, energy, transportation.
You can read more about us at: www.research.ibm.com/labs/ireland/
- A stimulating, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading research organization
- Opportunities for a unique combination of scientific and industrial research into real-world problems
- Excellent ties to research groups worldwide
- Up-to-date infrastructure and resources
- The ability to take part in large-scale international research projects
You can read more about us at:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Top Stories Past 30 Days