Ford: 19384 R&D Quantitative Analyst
Seeking a high-potential Quantitative Analyst to assist in all phases of model development, evaluation, and deployment for use in support of Ford and Ford Credit business units. The analyst would have a great deal of autonomy in conducting research and selecting desired modeling methodologies.
Location: Dearborn, MI
Apply online to 19384 R&D Quantitative Analyst.
Here also is a direct link to
R&D Quantitative Analyst, Job 19384
- Employ statistical / econometric / data mining techniques to assess, monitor and forecast different sources of risk.
- Develop optimization frameworks to support models related to risk allocation, pricing, capital strategy to improve and guide business decisions.
- Support the deployment of analytical tools related to quantitative risk management. Maintain and enhance previously developed models and tools.
- Work with various data sources and platforms (PC, Mainframe, Unix/Linux, Teradata) to gather data.
- Execute both descriptive and inferential ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Communicate and present models to business customers and executives.
- Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Quantitative Finance or successfully progressing in a PhD program.
- Demonstrated skills in conducting complex statistical analysis in a business or academic setting
- Strong programming skills in R, MATLAB, and/or SAS required; some experience with SQL and with C# and/or JAVA for developing Windows and Web applications
- Experience with Microsoft EXCEL, PowerPoint and Word. Ability to handle multiple projects within a given timeframe.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Operation Research or Quantitative Finance
- Demonstrated skills in large scale data manipulation and mining / pattern recognition.
- Demonstrated proficiency with simulation techniques such as Monte Carlo.
- Strong knowledge of optimization techniques (e.g. linear/nonlinear/dynamic programming).
- Knowledge of theoretical / empirical techniques commonly used in industrial organizations (e.g. game theory, contract theory, oligopoly theory).
- Knowledge of models with limited dependent variables (e.g. choice models, selection models).
- Ability to create and manipulate Excel pivot tables and graphs
- Experience with parallel/grid computing
The distance between imagination and ... Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products - and it is always ready to go further.
At Ford Motor Company, the distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter. Join the Ford team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you'd expect from a diverse global leader.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. Ford Motor Company also is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment such persons.
Top Stories Past 30 Days