Verizon: Supply Chain Analytics Lead /Data Scientist, TX
Support analytics needs of the operational teams like developing, implementing and maintaining the order routing logic of incoming orders; Drive strategic efforts across the supply chain organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures.
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Supply Chain Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics team at Verizon Wireless needs highly skilled and experienced experts in data analysis including modeling, data mining and visualization to support decision making at day-to-day, tactical and strategic levels.
Data Scientist is part of a leading Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics team responsible for
- Supporting day-to-day and tactical analytics needs of the operational teams like developing, implementing and maintaining the order routing logic of incoming orders, which determines the flow of orders in our supply chain network by channel and by recipient both in the DC operations and in the fulfillment network.
- Driving strategic efforts across the supply chain organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved device life cycle management, working capital optimization and cost reduction.
He/She is an individual contributor.
Data Scientist interacts with various Verizon Wireless teams like supply planning & replenishment (supply chain), distribution & transportation (supply chain), forecasting (device marketing), assortment planning (device marketing and merchandising). He/She is a highly skilled expert in quantitative modeling, statistics, data mining and visualization.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics or a related field is required; Master's degree is preferred
- 1+ years of experience in developing and implementing analytical models is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
- Proficiency in engaging and influencing large teams and functional leaders is required
- Strong familiarity and hands-on experience with SQL is required
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g., R, SAS or SPSS) is preferred
- Coding skills (for personal use) in a general-purpose programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java or Python) are preferred
- CAP certification is preferred
- Familiarity and experience with data visualization software like Qlik, Tableau or Excel is preferred
- Familiarity and experience with creating analytical data sets is preferred
- Experience and competency in supply chain management is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Top Stories Past 30 Days