Procter and Gamble: Data Scientist
As a Data Scientists, you need to be effective communicators, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve P&G’s business results.
**NOTE: All candidates must apply to be considered: pg.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=IT%2000000699
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
What is a Data Scientist at Procter & Gamble?
Data Scientists at P&G are Business Leaders: As a Data Scientists, you need to be effective communicators, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve P&G’s business results. Your Business knowledge, interpersonal/communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a multi-functional leadership team. Your job is to communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower others to drive action based on the insights you derive. Passionate about Analytics: Your analytic skills are the foundation of this role. The ability to mine terabytes of data, derive actionable insights, and then translate those insights into business improving action is critical in our work. As a Data Scientist, you will transform the business to enable better decision-making through the usage of advanced analytics. You will be the primary evangelist to the business for the power of predictive analysis and develop business cases to illustrate the “step-change” in decision-making that occurs when you begin to anticipate what will happen, versus just reflecting on what has occurred.
Technically Capable: As a P&G Data Scientist, you will “get your hands dirty”, leveraging data visualization (KNIME, RapidMiner, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.), and analytic tools (R, Python, C++, Java, Scala, etc.) to grasp the business building insights in our mountains of data. You should be adept at leveraging such technologies for solving ad hoc business problems, innovating on potential future solutions, and working with technology partners to translate your innovations into robust, scaled, analytic solutions.
As a P&G Data Scientist, you will be:
- Be creative and relentless problem-solver using Big Data and Advanced analytics skill leadership and direct engagement of business leaders.
- Design research and analytic frameworks in the context of overall project objectives such as (but not limited to) media effectiveness, consumer engagement, P&G business model, optimization, etc.
- Execute research and analytics, including data sources identification, processing, model/algorithm development, turning insights into actionable recommendation, presenting actionable recommendation and drive actions to business value creation.
- Collaborate actively and effectively with other functions partners and senior management to accomplish project objectives.
- Participate in and lead P&G analytic capability building program.
Apply now to join the team!
We are looking for leaders who will graduate within the year or graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Statistics, Operation Research, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Math, Analytics, or Computer/Systems/Industrial Engineering (or like degree). We are seeking candidates with demonstrated leadership in applying analytic techniques to deliver actionable insights from data, strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action, and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
These individuals should contain 2 or more of the following specialties and experience with analytical tools/applications:
Specialties/Area of Research:
- Bayesian Analysis, Bayesian Decision Theory
- Probabilistic Modeling and Computation
- Machine Learning, including Deep Learning
- Uncertainty Quantification
- Optimization (global, local, stochastic methods)
- Dynamic (state-space) Models (Kalman Filter, Data Assimilation)
- Experimental Design
- Model Reduction, Dimensionality Reduction
Experience with Analytical Tools/Applications:
- Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hive
- Scientific Computing: R, Python, C++, Java, Scala
- High-Performance Parallel and Distributing Computing
- Data Visualization
- Data Management Systems
- Business Intelligence tools: such as KNIME, RapidMiner, Tableau, Spotfire
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|