Ravel: Senior Data Scientist
Seeking a Lead or Senior Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team; A senior member of the Data Science team, you will design systems to tackle tough problems in the legal domain and expand our award-winning products.
Ravel Law seeks a Lead or Senior Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. As a senior member of the Data Science team, you will design systems to tackle tough problems in the legal domain and expand our award-winning products.
- Work with product leaders to help us decide what to build and whether what we built is working
- Define and optimize Named Entity Recognition (NER) for entity types including: Citations, Courts, Judges, Parties, Motions, Outcomes, Law Firms, and Companies
- Semantic relatedness
- Topic modelling
- Automatic document summarization
- Our data science is powered by an annotation team of domain experts and linguists. You will work with this team to create training and evaluation data sets.
- Help team members identify and execute on high impact projects
- Triage external requests
- Review models, findings, and insights with key stakeholders, including stakeholders with limited statistical backgrounds
- Lead knowledge sharing sessions
- Mentor other data scientists and engineers
- Community involvement (conference, meetups, open source, etc)
What We Look For
- Deep understanding of the complexities of natural language
- Familiarity with dimensionality reduction, clustering, and sequence classification algorithms
- Familiarity with libraries and tools such as OpenNLP, StanfordNLP, Mallet, Factorie, word2vec, Spark, MLLIB, H2O, and Weka
- Some exposure to or experience with Scala or Java is helpful. Python and SQL are also supported in our environment.
- Strong process-orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience building data-powered products
- MS / PhD in Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, or a related field
- Prior exposure to the legal domain is helpful but not required
- At Ravel, we develop the legal profession’s most innovative products for data analysis, visualization, and research - uncovering insights about judges’ rulings, revealing critical cases, enabling lawyers to make data-driven decisions, and more.
Ravel was launched from Stanford University’s Law School, Computer Science Department, and d.school, with the support of CodeX (Stanford's Center for Legal Informatics). We have been featured in Wired, The New York Times, the American Bar Association Journal, and our founder is a Forbes 30 under 30 for 2015.
We are a rapidly growing Series A startup funded by top tier investors like NEA. We offer competitive compensation, equity, and health care. Our culture is extremely dog- and human-friendly. Our office headquarters are in San Francisco, South of Market - conveniently located between BART and CalTrain.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|