SNOPUD: (Sr) Data and Analytics Consultant
Seeking individual to use quantitative, data management and business intelligence techniques to solve analytical business problems and translate data into actionable insights for the entire organization and external partners.
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Position: (Sr) Data and Analytics Consultant
This job is closed.
We are the Nation's 12th largest public utility, serving over 327,000 electric customers and 19,000 water customers with a work force of over 1,000. Our service territory covers over 2,200 square miles, including all of Snohomish County and Camano Island and is located just north of Seattle.
We are currently accepting applications for:
DATA AND ANALYTICS CONSULTANT/SR. DATA AND ANALYTICS CONSULTANT
$76,945 – $118,495 DOQ
Uses quantitative, data management and business intelligence techniques to solve analytical business problems and translate data into actionable insights which can be easily understood and utilized by the entire organization and external partners. Works with business stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes. Models and frames meaningful business scenarios which materially impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Business Process and Requirements Analysis
- Data Modeling and Integration
- Data Mining/Predictive Modeling
- Business Intelligence
- Program Management
Demonstrated record of successfully utilizing:
- Data analysis techniques including segmentation analysis, propensity modeling, multivariate analysis, querying and reporting tools, and metrics reporting
- Principles and practices of data modeling including logical and physical data modeling concepts, relational and dimensional data modeling techniques
- Database development and query techniques
- Business Intelligence techniques and tools
- Business concepts/ theories/ practices
- Problem identification and analysis techniques
- Change management
- Project management techniques and practices
- Consulting and facilitating techniques
- Utilize intellectual curiosity and business acuity to take appropriate level of initiative
- Analyze and manage complex problems and design integrated solutions
- Effectively communicates complex ideas to varied audiences
- Proactively work with the business to understand requirements and effectively present findings and recommendations by demonstrating the potential value to the organization
- Communicate and work effectively with all levels in the organization, outside agencies, and the public
- Work independently
- Coordinate and adapt to a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and set priorities
- Coordinate, negotiate and meet deadlines
- Research, learn, and apply new technologies and trends
- Work effectively in a team development and matrix resource environment
- Learn, interpret and apply District Directives and policies
MSc in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science
Bachelors in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science AND three (3) years directly related subject matter expertise, quantitative, business intelligence and data management skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience: Experience in an electric utility or other energy-related industry.
TO APPLY: Interested individuals should complete the online application (above) and submit cover letter and resume at www.snopud.com under Careers by 5:00 p.m. on April 25, 2016.
Top Stories Past 30 Days