RetailMeNot: Principal Data Scientist, Attribution
Lead the development of our retailer/brand attribution modeling and pricing analytics, and collaborate with product/ business teams to translate insights into a holistic pricing strategy to optimize for retailer/brand ROI goals and help RMN grow our share of marketing budgets.
Location: Austin, TX
Position: Principal Data Scientist, Attribution
About the Role:
RetailMeNot is looking for a highly analytical, passionate, collaborative, articulate data scientist to work in the domain of Attribution. S/he will lead the development of our retailer/brand attribution modeling and pricing analytics, and collaborate with product & business team to translate insights into a holistic pricing strategy to optimize for retailer/brand ROI goals and help RMN grow our share of marketing budgets. You will be the go-to expert on developing attribution modeling methodologies – online, online to offline, and cross-device. This role requires ability to provide analytical thought leadership, deep expertise in marrying internal 1st party with external 3rd party data sets, personally roll-up sleeves to manipulate these large data-sets to build impactful models, and finally collaborate with the front-line organization in successfully articulating insights, so RMN can effectively monetize on the value delivered.
- Provide leadership and oversight on build-out of analytic attribution models in support of ROI measurement and pricing recommendations, reporting and packaging of insights to reinforce value of RMN offerings.
- Partner with Product on long-term attribution strategy, to deliver scalable “always-on” solutions for attribution.
- Participate on client calls with our sales team and preferred attribution vendor(s) and explain to our clients (in layman's terms) the attribution methodology and test plan.
- Work with client and sales teams to define KPIs for success, track against them and implement measurement programs to address client KPIs, overseeing account team members to assist in analysis or data gathering. Package and communicate the results of an attribution test to the retailer or brand.
- Track and aggregate attribution study results and the success of using each methodology. Work closely with the B2B marketing team to develop a library of best in class and relevant case studies that sales can include in their “tool box”.
- Periodically train sales team members on attribution, so the team is empowered and articulate on key facets of attribution that can result in an enhanced value proposition for our clients.
- Identify any gaps or opportunities in data and metrics, and work with Product and BI teams to improve the tracking process, and the reporting of revenue and related metrics
- Thorough understanding of attribution and 5+ years of experience in digital attribution analytics, and hands-on modeling experience with large datasets – both 1st party and 3rd party, and with identity matching approaches (device graphs, deterministic, probabilistic, etc.)
- Experience in applying Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Statistical techniques to solve large-scale information retrieval, online search, online advertising, marketing optimization problems
- Well versed in the evolving attribution vendor landscape and the technology and methodologies used to measure online, online to offline, and cross-device attribution.
- Familiarity with Ad Tech / Attribution vendors and solutions on the market desirable
- Must have the ability to synthesize independently generated data points into a cohesive analysis, and clearly communicate the results of complex analyses to a wide audience in a credible fashion
- Master’s degree or above in Data Mining, Statistics, Marketing Analytics or related domains
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships and influence at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to travel (25%)
RetailMeNot, Inc. (http://www.retailmenot.com/corp/) is a leading global marketplace for digital promotions. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers for their favorite retailers and brands. During the 12 months ended March 31, 2015, RetailMeNot, Inc. experienced more than 720 million visits to its websites, and during the three months ended March 31, 2015, monthly mobile unique visitors totaled 18.4 million. In 2014, RetailMeNot, Inc. estimates $4.4 billion in paid retailer sales were attributable to consumer traffic from digital offers in its marketplace. The RetailMeNot, Inc. portfolio includes RetailMeNot.com, the largest digital offer marketplace in the United States; RetailMeNot.ca in Canada;VoucherCodes.co.uk, the largest digital offers marketplace in the United Kingdom; Deals.com in Germany; Actiepagina.nl, a leading digital offers site in the Netherlands; Bons-de-Reduction.com and Ma-Reduc.com, leading digital offers sites in France; Poulpeo.com, a leading digital offers site with cash back in France; and Deals2Buy.com, a leading digital offers site in North America. RetailMeNot, Inc. is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol "SALE." Investors interested in learning more about the company can visit http://investor.retailmenot.com.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Equity grants
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|