TD: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist with a deep understanding of data mining and analytical technique, with a passion for doing leading-edge analytical work with big data alongside a dynamic, innovative team.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Position: Data Scientist
Email to Surina.Singh@td.com.
TD – Enterprise Customer Data & Analytics – Data Scientist
TD serves more than 22 million customers worldwide – that's a whole lot of data.
And as our next Data Scientist, you will love working with big data alongside a dynamic, innovative team. Within TD Enterprise Analytics, you'll be a part of leading-edge analytical work, including developing statistical models, data mining, and using creative solutions to solve a wide variety of problems across all areas of our business.
With a deep understanding of data mining and analytical technique, you'll feel right at home in our hands-on big data analytical space. You'll create meaningful experiences while building strong working relationships – both within your team as well as in meeting client expectations. Here's some of what you can expect to do in your role:
- Design and deliver enterprise analytic solutions to our for the TDBG Enterprise
- Work closely with business owners to identify opportunities and serve as an ambassador for data science
- Develop powerful business insights from social, marketing and financial data using advanced machine learning techniques
- Build complex statistical models that learn from and scale to petabytes of data
- Work in a highly interactive, and agile team-oriented environment with Big Data developers and Visualization experts
This role is a challenge to work with data in ways you've never even imagined. If this sounds like an opportunity to make your next big mark, we want you. It also helps if you have:
- Graduate level qualification in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research) ideally with a specialization in data mining/machine learning
- Up to 5 years' experience of working in analytical environments
- Deep expertise in analytical tools such as R/MATLAB/SAS/Stata
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/PHP etc.
- Experience with relational databases and usage of SQL
- Experience with Object Orientated programming via Java/C++
- Experience in Big data technologies (Hadoop, HIVE, PIG, Spark etc.) and unstructured data
- Demonstrated track record of manipulation of large volume, high frequency data for analytical purposes on a Big Data platform
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing statistical models (predictive & descriptive)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality, high impact analytical solutions to business problems
DON'T GO UNNOTICED. Does this career posting speak to you? Convince us you're a winning candidate. If you want to do work that matters, grow within a trusted organization and embrace change like we do, apply now.