TD: Sr. Manager, Data Science
Seeking a Senior Manager, Data Science, with a deep understanding of data mining and analytical technique, with a passion for doing leading-edge analytical work with big data alongside a dynamic, innovative team.
Senior Manager - Data Science
The successful candidate will be a key part of a dynamic, innovative team that supports the central Enterprise Analytics function within TD Bank Group, through leading-edge analytical and modelling work. The ECD&A Team develops statistical models, data mining and analytical solutions to solve a wide array of business problems, including how to drive acquisition, migration and retention strategies for TDBG, across all product areas.
A successful candidate will have hands-on experience working in Big Data Analytical environments, with a deep understanding of data mining and analytical techniques, meaningful experience building strong working relationships, and success in effectively identifying and managing client requirements and expectations.
- Work closely with business owners to identify opportunities and serve as an ambassador for data science
- Lead cross functional teams of data scientists, IT engineers and business process owners to build cutting edge analytic solutions
- Design and deliver enterprise analytic solutions to our customers
- Develop powerful business insights from social, marketing and industrial data using advanced machine learning techniques
- Build complex statistical models that learn from and scale to petabytes of data.
- Analytical thought leadership and staying current on developments in data mining and the application of data science
- Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment with Big Data developers and Visualization experts
- Graduate level qualification in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research) ideally with a specialization in data mining/machine learning
- 5-10 years' experience of working in analytical environments and leading diverse teams of analytical professionals
- Deep expertise in analytical tools such as R/Matlab/SAS/Stata
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/PHP etc.
- Experience of relational databases and usage of SQL
- Experience of Object Orientated programming via Java/C++
- Experience of Big data technologies (Hadoop, HIVE, PIG, Spark etc.) and unstructured data
- Demonstrated track record of manipulation of large volume, high frequency data for analytical purposes on a Big Data platform
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing statistical models (predictive & descriptive)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality, high impact analytical solutions to business problems
DON'T GO UNNOTICED. Does this career posting speak to you? Convince us you're a winning candidate. If you want to do work that matters, grow within a trusted organization and embrace change like we do, apply now.