Schwab: Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
Seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics, to primarily partner with the Acquisition team and help develop, measure, and optimize marketing strategies, working with analysts, statisticians, data engineers, marketing/media teams, and external vendors to deliver insight.
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
The Analytics and Business Insights team (ABI) within the Central Marketing Organization supports multiple business units across Schwab through quantitative-based decision support. Our mission is to help Schwab better understand the needs and behaviors of our prospects and clients through statistical analysis and modeling, market research, reporting, and data management.
The Analytics team within ABI provides the organization with advanced quantitative analyses and insights that help guide development of new product/service offerings, better target prospects and clients through informed marketing efforts, increase acquisition of desired prospects, understand the ROI of advertising and marketing promotions, and identify strategies to grow client engagement, retention, and loyalty. Our analytical services are in heavy demand as our team is a critical component in Schwab’s commitment to being a leading data-driven organization.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics will primarily partner with the Acquisition team and help develop, measure, and optimize marketing strategies. He/ she will work with analysts, statisticians, data engineers, marketing/media teams, and external vendors to deliver insights and solutions based on statistical and econometric analyses.
Displaying strong business acumen and communication skills, the Senior Manager will communicate analytical results to business partners to help drive understanding of marketing effectiveness. Our business partners place great emphasis on our ability to translate statistical and mathematical results in way that tells a clear story and guides them in actionable decisions. We are also expected to understand business needs and identify situations when existing data structures are not sufficient to deliver analytical findings and clearly define requirements for our data engineers to make the necessary data structure enhancements.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics will include, but not be limited to:
- Scope analytics projects including identifying resources and assets needed, determining analysis approach, conducting analysis, and developing execution plans.
- Work independently or collaboratively throughout the complete analytics project lifecycle including data extraction/preparation, analysis and documentation of results.
- Support development of tools and infrastructure to scale operations, increase efficiencies, and improve quality of results.
- Partner with technical and non-technical resources across the business to leverage their support and integrate our efforts.
- Pro-actively analyze data to uncover insights that increase business value and impact.
- Support Schwab bank and other business partners on a wide range of analytics projects from ad-hoc requests to large-scale cross-functional engagements.
- Approach analytical problems with an appropriate blend of statistical/mathematical rigor with practical business intuition.
- Hold a point-of-view on the strengths and limitations of statistical models and analyses in various business contexts and is able to evaluate and effectively communicate the uncertainty in the results.
- Approach analyses in multiple ways in order to evaluate approaches and compare results.
- Bring a creative approach to quantitative analysis and problem solving and is able to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies from the academic literature.
What you have:
- B.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering or similar quantitative field
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field highly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in an analytical role (consulting to external clients and/or internal business partners)
- Strong understanding of how analytics supports a large organization including being able to successfully articulate the linkage between business decisions, business objectives, and analytical approaches & findings
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Strong SAS and SQL programming/data processing experience (including SAS macro programming)
- Programming experience in multiple languages and environments (Teradata, Oracle, SAS, R)
- Ability to work with large transactional databases across multiple platforms
- Outstanding oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully build long-term relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Experience in financial services is desirable
Top Stories Past 30 Days