Corios: Data Architect
Seeking a data architect, responsible for the design and quality of data solutions such as analytic data marts, to lead the implementation of Corios' data solutions for clients in regulated industries.
Location: Portland, OR
Position: Data Architect
This job is closed.
About Corios LLC
We're a Portland, Oregon-based management analytics consultancy looking to hire an accomplished and insightful data architect who can lead design of various data solutions from our Durham NC office.
At Corios, we tell the stories the numbers can't; we believe business decisions are influenced not only by the measurement of behavior, but by synthesizing data-driven insights along with our past experience in order to deliver the most relevant interpretation and client recommendations possible.
Our clients are leading financial services, energy and retailing companies in North America and around the world. Corios helps our clients make important decisions about customer acquisition, lifecycle marketing, utilization, retention, pricing, delinquency, debt recovery, capacity planning, and financial crime detection and prevention. To meet those objectives, we leverage deep expertise in predictive analytics, statistics, econometrics, forecasting, experimental design and mathematical optimization, and the business processes that leverage those analytical disciplines.
About the Data Architect role
Data architects at Corios are responsible for the design and quality of data solutions such as analytic data marts. As a part of the operations team at Corios, the data architect would lead the implementation of Corios' data solutions for clients in regulated industries such as financial services, insurance, retail, and energy sectors. Ideal candidates will take an active approach when leading these implementations.
Qualified candidates should possess most of the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Leads teams of data engineers and analytical consultants to implement high quality solutions
- Contributes as part of a highly collaborative project team
- Determines database structural requirements
- Develops and designs database solutions
- Expert resource for maintaining database performance by identifying and resolving problems
- Provides database expertise, including expertise in SQL and database administration
- Grows knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Depth in data modeling and database design across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization
- Imagination, and the ability to conceive and portray the big data picture
- Top tier problem solver
- Source of expertise and trusted advice - well respected and influential
- Experience building data models and other architectural documents using software such as ERwin or MS Visio
- Familiarity with emerging data technologies such as columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data
- Experience with database appliances such as Exadata, Teradata, and Netezza
- Experience with Hadoop ecology solutions
- SAS programming, and a working knowledge of SAS solutions
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell commands
- 10+ years of experience designing, building, and enhancing enterprise data warehouses and data marts.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in computer science, data sciences, information sciences, software engineering, or a similar field is required
- Commitment: Full time, 40-50 hours/week.
- Travel: the basic expectation for travel within North America is 10 to 40%.
- Candidates are required to pass a background screen including a criminal history, reference check, bankruptcy and drug screen.
Corios LLC is a drug-free employer.
Compensation & benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and expected contribution to company performance.
Top Stories Past 30 Days