Corios: Data Engineer
Seeking a data engineer, responsible for implementing data extraction, transformation, and load for clients in regulated industries such as financial services, insurance, retail, and energy sectors.
Location: Portland, OR
Position: Data Engineer
This job is closed.
About Corios LLC
We're a Portland, Oregon-based management analytics consultancy looking to hire bright, inquisitive data engineers who enjoy solving challenging analytics problems, to fill positions in both our HQ and Durham NC offices.
At Corios, we tell the stories the numbers can't; we believe business decisions are influenced not only by the measurement of behavior, but by synthesizing data-driven insights along with our past experience in order to deliver the most relevant interpretation and client recommendations possible.
Our clients are leading financial services, energy and retailing companies in North America and around the world. Corios helps our clients make important decisions about customer acquisition, lifecycle marketing, utilization, retention, pricing, delinquency, debt recovery, capacity planning, and financial crime detection and prevention. To meet those objectives, we leverage deep expertise in predictive analytics, statistics, econometrics, forecasting, experimental design and mathematical optimization, and the business processes that leverage those analytical disciplines.
About the Data Engineer role
Data engineers at Corios are responsible for implementing data extraction, transformation, and load for clients in regulated industries such as financial services, insurance, retail, and energy sectors.
Qualified candidates should possess most of the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Carry out data acquisition activities ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data through data analysis, coding, and documentation of ETL processes
- Develop, test, and implement ETL program logic using a variety of SQL dialects and the SAS programming language
- Analyze and translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications as part of the development process
- Collaborate with IT in client organizations to design and test the data acquisition and ETL processes
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing, and user acceptance testing and fix defects found by testing
- Provide expert guidance and assistance to colleagues in other functional areas
- Advanced SQL programming with Oracle, DB2, Teradata, and/or other RDBMS
- SAS programming skills, including SAS PROC SQL, SAS Data Step, and SAS Macro programming skills
- Understanding and usage of SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Stored Processes
- Ability to convey to management and the client what has been built and why
- Ability to contribute in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete analytical tasks independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to take initiative
- An intrinsic dedication to quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access)
- UNIX shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Working knowledge of SAS BI Web Services
- Experience programming with .NET or Java
- Experience working with Informatica
- Experience data modeling in ERwin
- Experience with data in financial services, insurance, retail, and energy business
- Experience with Hadoop/No-SQL data stores
- 2+ years field experience implementing ETL/data integration in an enterprise IT environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in computer science, data sciences, information sciences, software engineering, or a similar field is required
- Commitment: Full time, 40-50 hours/week.
- Travel: the basic expectation for travel within North America is approx. 25%.
- Candidates are required to pass a background screen including a criminal history, reference check, bankruptcy and drug screen.
Corios LLC is a drug-free employer.
Compensation & benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and expected contribution to company performance.