Schwab: Director, Institutional Analytics
Responsible for leading analytics and reporting projects related to several of Schwab financial product areas, including ETFs, mutual funds, managed accounts, fixed income, and insurance. The Director will lead a team to deliver thoughtful analysis, data-driven insights, actionable business recommendations, and strategic thought partnership.
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insight is a department of 150 team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone, and then to make data-driven, strategic decisions. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
The Director, Institutional Analytics will be responsible for leading analytics and reporting projects related to several of Schwab’s financial product areas, including ETFs, mutual funds, managed accounts, fixed income, and insurance. The Director will lead a team to deliver thoughtful analysis, data-driven insights, actionable business recommendations, and strategic thought partnership.
What you’ll do:
- Drive business impact by influencing senior executives with recommendations to ensure complex analytical work is accessible and actionable
- Build, mentor, and lead a highly engaged team to deliver impactful results and demonstrate the importance of their work to the larger strategic picture
- Build relationships with business partners and cross-functional support resources to gain alignment across stakeholders and fully maximize resources to support a fact-driven and “through clients’ eyes” decision-making culture
- Demonstrate thought leadership by recommending appropriate analytic approaches and identifying new ways to apply research and analytics to grow the business
- Present results and recommendations to ensure complex work is accessible, actionable, and drives business results
- Manage all aspects of the project lifecycle, including scoping and prioritizing projects, anticipating obstacles and challenges, and nimbly adapting to changing business needs
- Create full visibility, transparency, and accountability throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Drive efficiency, accuracy, and usefulness of ongoing reporting of business metrics and trends
What you have:
The ideal candidate is a proven leader, is strategically-minded and able to match analytic techniques to business problems, and has a strong drive to understand customers and create business impact. This person will be an outstanding communicator and have the self-confidence to work comfortably with senior levels within the organization. S/he will have a demonstrable record of accomplishments within complex business environments and a demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change for improved performance. This individual must be able to see and remove obstacles to their team’s success, influence critical business recommendations, and be able to build alignment through collaboration in a cross-functional, matrixed environment. As the leader of a team, this director will have direct supervisory leadership experience and be able to develop and mentor talent in these skill areas.
Key qualifications include:
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the proven ability to be seen as a trusted advisor and thought partner by senior executive decision makers
- Demonstrated experience directing analytic and reporting staff to deliver fact-based insights, while also developing talent in a fast-paced environment. Leadership skills demonstrated through 3+ years direct supervisory experience at managing and directing teams with multiple staff members. Direct experience using or leading staff who use SQL, SAS, R, and Tableau (or comparable technologies and tools, with these above preferred)
- Strong business acumen and intellect, including a demonstrable understanding of how analytics and data are used for business problem-solving
- Collaborative interpersonal skills necessary to engage with business partners, scope projects, solicit and incorporate feedback, serve as a trusted content expert, and influence action
- Superb project execution skills with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategic initiatives to drive growth
- Sufficient systems and process aptitude to understand and direct reporting development for quality, efficiency and business relevance
- Strategy or management consulting experience preferred
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Quantitative undergraduate degree from a highly selective college/university and/or MBA/similar advanced degree preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Top Stories Past 30 Days