American Family Insurance: Analytics Strategy & Integration Director
Seeking an Analytics Strategy & Integration Director responsible for strategy, enterprise-wide governance, and integration of innovative data-driven advanced analytics applications.
At: American Family Insurance
Location: Madison, WI
At American Family Insurance, we take pride in inspiring, protecting and restoring dreams. Here, what you do every day makes a real difference in people's lives. Here, passion and purpose fill the halls, and we challenge each other to do and be our best. Here, we believe that how you get results matters just as much as the results themselves. Sound like someplace you'd like to be? Then here is where you belong.
Job Title: Analytics Strategy & Integration Director
Job ID: 12041.
This position is responsible for strategy, enterprise-wide governance, and integration of innovative data-driven advanced analytics applications. Works with internal business partners to understand and validate scope of advanced analytics projects and secures project teams to support those projects. Ensures strong alignment with business objectives of analytics strategy, development and integration to provide optimal business impact. Directs market research on new and existing data sources, along with creation of innovative data-related value propositions for business application or further research and development. Oversees data acquisition and analysis activities that support predictive modeling, along with development of data-related technology capabilities.
Analytics Governance & Portfolio Management (25%)
- Provides overall portfolio/project management oversight and direction for a variety of advanced analytics project. Oversees measurement, monitoring and reporting of project progress and resource utilization. Manages project resources to ensure timely delivery of projects consistent with divisional goals and objectives.
- Aligns plans to divisional and corporate objectives/goals and integrates within the corporate planning cycle.
- Coordinates with business partners on knowledge management and participates in AmFam business area meetings.
- Leads cross-functional advanced analytics strategy and governance council.
- Creates processes to validate business objectives and resources/funding.
- Creates processes to regularly review, assess overall business value, and make decisions on new advanced analytics opportunities. Evaluates delivery strategy and recommends best practices. Works cross-functionally to determine prioritization.
- Identifies synergies between various analytic efforts.
- Works with divisional management to improve work processes that impact work environment and divisional resources.
Analytics Strategy, Development and Integration (20%)
- Works with Strategic Data & Analytics management to establish strategic direction for advanced analytics at American Family Insurance.
- Leverages analytics, business and market expertise to lead creation of analytics strategies that drive superior business performance.
- Uses a holistic view of the business to collaborate with Strategic Data & Analytics management as well as other business partners internal and external to the division to coordinate development and integration of advanced analytics projects.
- Ensures analytics strategy, development and integration approach are well-aligned with business objectives to provide optimal business impact.
- Oversees work with internal business partners to define, scope and formulate business problems and solutions though implementation and integration. Oversees project outputs for business units.
Data Strategy & Innovation (15%)
- Leads research on new and existing potential data sources (both internal and external) and applications. Partners with other areas of the business as appropriate.
- Oversees development of the value proposition for new internal or external datasets and coordinates with internal SD&A partners and/or other business units for business application or further research and development.
- Leads, and partners with other business areas as appropriate, the strategy, research and execution of data-related external partnerships.
Data Management & Analysis (10%)
- Works with I/S and Enterprise Data Management (EDM) to ensure that required data and appropriate technological solutions are in place to support Strategic Data & Analytics (SDA) projects.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Data Management (EDM) leadership to represent or oversee data governance efforts for the division.
- Oversees data acquisition, preparation and internal data management processes.
- Ensures the effective communication and delivery of useable data sets to the SDA staff for modeling and analysis, including knowledge and insights gained through preliminary exploratory analysis.
Relationship Management (10%)
- Acts as the primary Strategic Data & Analytics (SD&A) contact to leadership across the organization regarding advanced data analytics needs. Exemplifies SD&A vision and viewpoint across the business units.
- Manages the relationships between SD&A and business unit leaders.
- Represents the business view within SD&A. Understands and diagnoses business problems.
- Oversees work with business partner leadership to assess data analytics needs; proactively addresses business problems.
- Understands business unit initiatives and anticipates data analytics needs. Manages the rapid delivery and execution of data analytics insights to solve business problems.
- Oversees and coordinates relationships with external partners (e.g., universities, consultants and other vendors).
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (10%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (10%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or related field or equivalent.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential issues, and to proactively work to the mitigation of those issues.
- Demonstrated experience communicating business implications of complex data relationships and results of statistical models to multiple business partners.
- Demonstrated experience developing and utilizing data and analytics to derive insights on business performance or solve business problems.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and use of appropriate presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with business clients and partnering with business stakeholders to create solutions.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing on large, complex corporate initiatives.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of application software related to data gathering, interpretation, measurement, analysis, and presentation.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of advanced statistical mathematical modeling and research.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets and inventions.
Change fuels our success at American Family Insurance! We value bright ideas, innovation, and creativity, empowering you to be the driver of change in a friendly environment. To be part of the success, visit us at: jobs.amfam.com
We look forward to staying connected with you. Please join us at www.amfam.com//careers/corporate/stay-connected/.
We’re a Fortune 500 company and an industry leader. We have so much to offer our valued employees. A competitive salary and the opportunity to grow your career are just the start. We provide continuing education, robust retirement packages.