Bain: Data Architect Manager
Seeking a Data Architect Manager to work with consulting teams to understand and translate business problems, help to increase consulting staff’s knowledge of Advanced Analytics and Data Science, and develop/implement various data tools.
- This is an opportunity to be a key leader in Bain’s expanding data science capability area. This position will be part of the Advanced Analytics Group (Bain’s team of advanced analytics, data science, and primary research experts).
- Responsibilities will include working closely with Bain Partners, Bain Practice Areas, and the Technology Services Group (TSG) to extend and innovate our data and analytics capabilities.
- This will include helping formulate and driving our evolving strategy on how to best support our clients on large data/heavily analytic initiatives.
- Provide Enterprise Data Architecture expertise on Advanced Analytics strategy cases
- Be an expert advisor in proposal discussions
- Manage 1-3 Data Engineers and/or Specialists
- The person in this role will need to:
- Communicate effectively with analytics/data experts as well as business managers to assess opportunities and develop data driven solutions for Bain clients across a variety of sectors;
- Help develop Advanced Analytics Intellectual Property and identify areas of new opportunity for data science and analytics for Bain and its clients;
- Communicate with and educate both senior and junior colleagues to further embed data science and analytics across the firm and within our clients;
- Help pilot and deploy new data management and analytics tools and platforms for Bain;
- Advise Bain clients on best practices for enterprise data architecture and data governance, and managing analytical infrastructure at scale.
- This position will be located in Atlanta, Chicago, Boston or NY
- Work with consulting teams to understand business problems, translate them into data science projects and appropriately prioritize and execute.
- Help to increase consulting staff’s knowledge of Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
- Develop and/or implement tools and platforms for data acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex data sets.
- Advise clients and consulting teams on enterprise data architecture, data management, and data governance best practices
- Explore, model, mine, and experiment with data to answer critical business issues.
- Support and train consulting teams in use of data and visualization tools to generate and communicate insights.
- Train relevant AAG team members to support big data/data science initiatives.
- Develop relationships with external data and analytics vendors and interact with as needed.
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain’s consulting staff to support and expand the use of data science analytics.
- Keep abreast of new and current data science techniques and technologies.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics or Information Sciences such as business analytics or informatics.
- 6+ years’ experience in enterprise data architecture and data engineering.
- Experience with large enterprise data warehouse architecture design including logical and physical model development.
- Knowledge and experience in Data Governance – understanding of domain data models and enterprise data models.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management systems.
- Experience with production and analytics ETL jobs.
- Deep SQL skills and solid experience in relationship database.
- Expertise in extracting and transforming large datasets; experience with ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio, SSIS, Talend, and Pentaho desired.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Vertica, Greenplum, SAP HANA, MySQL).
- Project experience with Hadoop ecosystem (e.g., Hive, HBase, Pig, Spark) desired.
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB) a plus.
- Experience with hybrid cloud platforms a plus.
- Hands-on experience with production reporting and BI platforms a plus (e.g. Microstrategy, Qlik, Cognos, Tableau Server).
- Machine Learning skills a plus.
- Experience with building complex production systems with web front-ends and database backends a plus.
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels and with multi-office/region teams
- Frequent Travel will likely be required
- Strategic consulting experience a plus.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|