UnitedHealth Group: Hadoop Big Data Developer
Seeking a Hadoop Big Data Developer for a large scale Big Data Program which involves ingesting hundreds of files into a Hadoop ecosystem, enriching Hadoop data, and distributing significant amounts of that data to SQL and to dozens of other applications.
As a Hadoop Big Data Developer with the Optum Data Management business division of UnitedHealth Group, you will be focused on a large scale Big Data Program which involves ingesting hundreds of files into a Hadoop ecosystem, enriching Hadoop data, and distributing significant amounts of that data to SQL and to dozens of other applications. You will be focused on the Military & Veterans Pillar, which is building and supporting a variety of Big Data, Document Management and Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
Job Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Create, Configure, Implement, Optimize, Document, and/or Maintain:
- Custom Talend jobs to ingest, enrich and distribute data in a MapR Hadoop ecosystem
- File, source and record level data quality checks
- Logging and Error Handling
- Job & workflow scheduling
- Unix scripts
- Hive Tables and Views
- Role-Based security across all data storage locations, including file, table, row and column level security
- Hadoop-Map R Folder, Processing and Storage Components
- Compare data across data storage locations: from files, to Hive, to SQL Server
- Work as technical leader on agile teams, including supporting story creation and maintenance, create right-sized technical documentation, maintain rally and support scrum and project meetings and status reporting
- Leverage existing frameworks and standards, while contributing ideas to or resolving issues with current framework owners. Where no framework or pattern exists – create them.
- Work independently and at times with partial information, moving as many deliverables forward and mitigate impact of blocking issues
- Professionally influence and negotiate with other technical leaders to arrive and implement the most optimum solution considering standards and project constraints
- Mentor junior and other team members in all related Big Data technologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3 or more years of application development experience
- 2 or more years of experience with Data Warehousing and ETL technology
- 1 or more years of development experience on Big Data / Hadoop projects
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (applying for and receiving NAC clearance immediately after hiring is a mandatory requirement)
- Talend experience
- Java proficiency
- MapR experience
- SQL Server development experience
- IBM CDC experience
- Hive experience
- SQL experience
- Unix shell scripting experience
Interested candidates please forward your resume to Laura Bartunek at [email protected].
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.