Hyundai: Quality Data Analytics Manager
Seeking a Quality Data Analytics Manager to apply deep analytical skills to blend, process, and explore complex datasets for the Product Quality department to aid in knowledge discovery, and to assist with performing root-cause analysis, survival analysis, time series forecasting and other analytical activities.
At Hyundai, we’ve rethought our business and created cars that combine performance, quality, design and innovation into a complete package.
It’s time you rethink what you expect from an employer.
At Hyundai, we understand you're not just building a career – you're building a life. We believe in our people and realize that our success is a direct result of our commitment in offering you great opportunities for your career. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for a chance to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
As the Quality Data Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for applying deep analytical skills to help Hyundai Motor America (HMA) identify and substantiate product quality and customer satisfaction improvements.
- Apply deep analytical skills to blend, process, and explore complex datasets for the Product Quality department to aid in knowledge discovery, BI-reporting, and predictive modeling activities.
- Assist with performing root-cause analysis, survival analysis, time series forecasting and other analytical activities.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the team’s DataMart that drives a suite of Tableau dashboards for data discovery/exploration needs using SQL & Alteryx.
- Assist with authoring new dashboards and maintaining the existing suite of Tableau dashboards for the product quality team.
- Build, maintain, and deliver a broad spectrum of reports to key personnel with a high degree of automation and adaptability in mind (formulaic and parameterized coding style).
- Utilize text mining tools (SAS Enterprise Miner w/Text Miner, R, or Python) for topic generation, sentiment analysis, and/or otherwise enrich existing datasets with generated features classification tasks.
- Deliver high quality ad-hoc data dumps, metrics, ranked lists, and insights on an as needed basis in various formats.
- Help innovate new ways of problem solving that draw from best practices and innovations from other industries.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends related to analytics, data management, statistical computing/machine learning, business intelligence, data visualization, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as business, math, social sciences, engineering, or computer science preferred.
- Five to six years of experience in data and/or statistical analysis/reporting role.
- Prior experience with survey data a strong plus.
- One to two years’ experience with Tableau desktop a plus.
- Prior experience in text analytics a plus.
- Must be able to travel domestically.
- Automotive industry experience preferred but not required.
- One to two years’ experience with Alteryx a preferred.
What’s in it for me?
- Great company culture, family oriented environment
- Car allowance for a Hyundai, of course!
- Comprehensive benefits
This is the opportunity to do something profound and be part of a company that is revolutionizing the automotive industry. And we couldn’t do it without someone like you. So what do you say? Isn’t it time you explored what could become the career move of a lifetime? We are looking forward to meeting you soon and invite you to apply today!
Our Company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this form is sought in good faith and will not be used to discriminate against the applicant based on race, religion or creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, marital status, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, or related circumstances), gender identity, gender expression, age, citizenship, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, military and veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local laws.