AIG: Senior Manager/Director, Scientist – Natural Language Processing Research
AIG is seeking a Senior Manager/Director, Scientist, Natural Language Processing Research, who is a dynamic individual looking to support new transformational projects with a substantial amount of external research participation and internal business partnership.
To apply to this role go to www.aig.com/careers and search by Title: Senior Manager/Director, Scientist - Natural Language Processing Research or Job ID # 131796
AIG is seeking a dynamic individual to help develop and support new transformational projects with a substantial amount of external research participation and internal business partnership. AIG Science is the hub for decision sciences at AIG and includes a cross-disciplinary R&D team of scientists. The Science Team is composed of well over 100 talented team members, including PhD’s in areas such as mathematics, physics, economics, statistics, policy analysis, and behavioral psychology. The Science team offers the unique opportunity to develop cutting-edge solutions that can profoundly impact the world and improve lives through risk avoidance, remediation, and resiliency.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Doctoral Degree in a relevant field (such as computer science, linguistics, computational linguistics, or others), with at least 4+ years relevant work experience
- Strong background in Natural Language Processing, including some of the following: document classification, information extraction, information retrieval, question answering, document image analysis, active learning, summarization, topic modeling
- Ability to work with user organizations to understand needs and frame problems
- Experience with social networks, such as analysis and/or visualization
- Demonstrated programming skills in relevant languages, including Python and Java
- Experience with Big Data techniques (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, and other frameworks)
- Extensive knowledge of data analytics and machine learning
- Experience building end-to-end user-facing systems, including document processing, scalable and efficient machine learning techniques, visualization and UI/UX design
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage modern research areas while understanding complex business challenges
- Help lead and define the vision and strategy for NLP research at AIG
- Design scientific solutions, manipulate large data sets, and employ cutting edge techniques to develop prototypes with transformational potential and value
- Engage, maintain, and foster partnerships that advance research efforts, including with senior business leaders
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance, retirement services, and mortgage insurance in the United States.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com.