Axcess-Financial: Manager of Governance – Financial Services Industry
Seeking a Manager of Governance, to develop an Operation Risk Management (ORM) Framework and install best practices in 2nd line ORM oversight across the company, with goal to ensure compliance with risk policies and standards.
Manager of Governance will develop Operation Risk Management (ORM) Framework and install best practices in 2nd line ORM oversight across the company. The goal is to ensure compliance with Risk policies and standards as well as to meet expectations from regulators for the 2nd Line of Defense. The position works closely with the foundational teams, operation, policy, Legal & Compliance and Internal Auditing.
Responsible for underwriting policy and process documentation, interpretation and annual attestation
- Develop and implement methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative effectiveness measures, to assess the effectiveness of Consumer ORM oversight execution.
- Oversight a robust quarterly validation of key performance indicators at corporate level.
- Oversight Credit Bureau reporting process and all FCRA related processed.
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance for regular updates to regulators and senior governance
- Lead the corporate wide underwriting committee by effectively engaging all the key decision makers and functional teams.
Titles Supervised: Senior Analyst and Analyst.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge of entire spectrum of installment, payday lending product across geographies
- Knowledge of regulatory and operating environment of Consumer Retail businesses across multiple jurisdictions
- Prior experience in Risk and/or Control functions
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Superior communication especially with senior leaders in the organization
- Ability to build consensus and influence without authority
- Ability to function effectively in a matrixed organization
- Superior writing skills especially in development of clear and effective procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster team work across multiple units within Consumer ORM and across the bigger ORM organization
- Advanced project management abilities
- Experience building and developing a team preferred
- Strong communication skills to align key business partners and present results to senior management