IBM: Open Source Data Scientist
IBM seeks an Open Source Data Scientist to assist the sales team with solution sales activities to address a client’s specific challenges implementing Big Data solutions; must be entrepreneurial and self-driven.
The Open Source Data Scientist assists the sales team with solution sales activities to address a client’s specific challenges implementing Big Data solutions. This individual must be entrepreneurial and self-driven and must provide thought leadership focusing on the value to the client of adopting IBM’s Open Source Solutions.
The ideal candidate has proficiency with data science tools such as R, Python, Apache Hadoop or Apache Spark; is able to lead and implement “proof of concept” engagements and has experience working with clients in pre-sales and post-sales engagements.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Building a trusted relationship with the client account and the sales team; provide technical guidance and the business value of IBM’s open source solutions
- Working with sales team to define objectives for customer meetings, and “proof of concept” engagements
- Conducting discovery sessions to capture, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the engagement process to detail solution proposal
- Delivering standard, customized solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of of our solutions
- Implementing our solutions for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes
- Developing content to be delivered via webinars, community sites, meetups and competitions
- Participating in meetups and other industry events
- A graduate degree in quantitative methods (data science, analytics, statistics, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of programming in Data Science tools and data processing architecture
- Programming experience in R, Python, on Hadoop or Spark programming
- Demonstrated SQL expertise
- Highly skilled in detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis and high-level strategy development
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Good organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly present complex ideas and analyses to diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to translate customer and business needs into technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability in implementing advanced analytic consulting engagements
Top Stories Past 30 Days