Morpace: SQL Programmer
Seeking an SQL Programmer to design, implement and maintain a relational database and reporting system. Will collaborate with other programmers and cross-functional teams to assist in designing and advancing the system in an agile environment.
Morpace Inc., a leading market research and consulting organization is seeking a SQL Programmer to design, implement and maintain a relational database and reporting system. Applicant will collaborate with other programmers and cross-functional teams to assist in designing and advancing the system in an agile environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a database specialist in the design, implementation and maintenance of a full scale information collection and reporting system.
- Ability to create, modify and execute complex SQL queries using joins, groupings, nested subqueries, cursors, etc. This includes the ability to optimize SQL code as needed.
- Experience creating database objects such as tables, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Experience with data modeling and data warehouse architecture.
- Ability to ensure data integrity throughout system.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, project managers, and external consultants on project specifications and requirements. May include monitoring cost, timing, directing staff that are not direct reports, preparing and presenting progress reports to key layers of management.
- Ability to be creative and flexible in system development while working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Review and analyze complex processes, system and / or data requirements and specifications.
- Be able to re-engineer business processes to be more efficient or have a broader use across the company.
- Perform quality checks and validations on exports prior to releasing to a client.
- Support continued system improvement by investigating alternate solutions and design changes.
- Previous Market Research experience a plus.
- Technical Skills
- Required: SQL, VBA , ETL Tools (Pentaho), Linux
- Preferred: Java, Hadoop, HBase, Mongo, Python
- 4+ years of experience Relational Database Management Systems (preferably MySQL).
- 1+ year of implementing Data Warehouse solutions with data modeling experience
- Experience with maintaining and feature enhancements using Java.
- Self-motivated with strong team and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong evidence of initiative and follow-through.
- Represent data operation needs as a part of the project team for each project assigned.
- Document and maintain project files and work directories according to company specified procedures.
- Assist and backup other team members as needed.
- Attend and participate in data operation meetings.
- Learn changes and additions to systems, software or procedures impacting Data Operations Department.
- Use documented procedures and assist in creating documentation for new and existing procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree preferred or minimum of three years related experience and/or training or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write basic reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Working knowledge of weights, means, medians, significance testing.
- Working knowledge of: Windows, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) Command prompt/Batch files.
If you are self-motivated, innovative and responsible we look forward to hearing from you!
Morpace is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Morpace Inc. to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in joining a fast growing dynamic team please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com