Microsoft: Sr. Applied Data Scientist.
Microsoft is innovating rapidly in online advertising by providing the industry with the state-of-the-art online advertising platform and service. Bing Ads Marketplace and Serving (MnS) team is at the core of this effort, responsible for research & development of all the algorithmic components in our paid search advertising technology stack.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today, with about $70 billion of a $600 billion advertising market already online. Search engines, web publishers, major ad networks, and ad exchanges are now serving billions of ad impressions per day and generating terabytes of user events data every day. The rapid growth of online advertising has created enormous opportunities as well as technical challenges that demand computational intelligence.
Computational Advertising has emerged as a new interdisciplinary field that involves information retrieval, machine learning, data mining, statistics, operations research, and micro-economics, to solve challenging problems that arise in online advertising. The central problem of computational advertising is to select an optimized slate of eligible ads for a user to maximize a total utility function that captures the expected revenue, user experience and return on investment for advertisers.
Microsoft is innovating rapidly in this space to grow its share of this market by providing the advertising industry with the state-of-the-art online advertising platform and service. Bing Ads Marketplace and Serving (MnS) team is at the core of this effort, responsible for research & development of all the algorithmic components in our paid search advertising technology stack, including:
- User/query intent understanding, document/ad understanding, user targeting
- Relevance modeling, IR-based ad retrieval
- User response (click & conversion) prediction using large scale machine learning algorithms
- Marketplace mechanism design and optimization, and whole-page experience optimization
- Rich and innovative Ad products that add relevant and personalized information
- Network protection, fraud detection, traffic quality measurement
- Advertising metrics and measurement, including relevance and ad campaign effectiveness
- Data mining and analytics
- Supply-demand forecasting
- Ad campaign planning and optimization
- Experimentation infrastructure including tools for configuring and launching experiments, dashboard, live marketplace monitoring, and diagnosis.
We are looking for a Senior Applied Scientist to incubate technologies from end to end to make product impact. The candidate will engage in high potential projects grounded in applications to improve our ad, query and web page understanding.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Outstanding expertise and hands-on experience on machine learning, text analysis, data mining, and NLP
2. Strong software design and development skills/experience
3. PhD degree in CS/EE or related areas is preferred
4. Passionate, self-motivated
5. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
6. Experience with Deep Neural Network (DNN) with applications in text understanding is a plus
7. Familiarity with distributed data processing/analysis and modeling paradigm, such as Map-Reduce and MPI is a plus
8. Experience with GPU algorithm development is a plus
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.