Jimdo: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist to be a part of Jimdo’s data team, using Data Science and Big Data tools to achieve data-driven goals.
With Jimdo’s simple, click to edit interface, our users can easily create their own beautiful websites. We pride ourselves in offering a website builder that is so easy to use that we even have passionate users past their retirement age. Jimdo offers graphical flexibility (use one of our templates, or create your own!) and high-quality presentation of images, videos, and text. Users from all over the world have created more than 15 million websites using Jimdo - and we’re happy to see the numbers continuing to grow exponentially!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. We enjoy offering our users quick, personalized, and friendly support. Every one of us is an expert in what they do and together, we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young and rapidly growing start-up comes with a lot of freedom and many possibilities to realize your ideas and personal development.
You have the option to start immediately in our Hamburg office. This is a full-time, open-ended position.
You’ll be part of Jimdo’s data team. Yep, we use data science and work with Big Data Tools but what’s even more important are the goals that we want to achieve. We want Jimdo to be data-driven and use it to make our platform even more awesome. This will involve the following tasks:
- Planning and implementation of complex data mining and machine learning projects.
- Development of forecasting models, Recommender Engines and hypothesis-testing designs.
- Innovative improvements to current data analysis methods.
- Knowledge transfer and training of other colleagues.
- Work closely together with a variety of teams e.g. store, online-marketing.
- A degree in statistics, mathematics, business mathematics or a comparable degree with a quantitative focus (Master or PhD).
- Excellent knowledge in the area of multivariate analysis.
- Experience in creating and applying predictive models and segmentation systems.
- Expert knowledge of programming or script languages for analysis (R, Python, Java, Octave, Matlab or SAS).
- Excellent SQL knowledge.
- Practical experience with Bayesian analysis and MCMC methods.
- Very good knowledge of current developments in Data Science and Big Data.
- Keen to work within an innovative and flexible analytics infrastructure (AWS EC2, S3, RDS and Redshift).
- Awesome communication skills, and a high level of initiative and creativity.
- Always looking at the “bigger picture”, goal-focussed and a pragmatic way to approach tasks.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|