Altria: Senior Analyst, Consumer & Marketplace Insights
Imagine your next position developing Consumer and Marketplace Insights for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities.
Location: Richmond, VA
Position: Senior Analyst, Consumer & Marketplace Insights
This position is no longer available.
Imagine your next position developing Consumer and Marketplace Insights for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities. At the Altria family of companies, we’re not content with just maintaining the status quo. We’re determined to leverage our resources toward true innovation; product innovation, process simplification, new ways of thinking and doing.
We have created an atmosphere where we are committed to personal development and achieving your career goals. This is your opportunity to unleash your potential, be a part of a passionate, committed, highly effective team and work on leading-edge products in a rapidly evolving space. Enter a whole new level of challenge and reward at Altria.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA:
The talented, diverse individual we seek will be responsible for analyzing consumer and marketplace information to produce actionable consumer-centric insights that drive brand strategies and innovation. In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute analytics to achieve business objectives as a cross-functional team member. Analytics will focus on a broad range of marketplace trends and developments including pricing, promotional evaluation, trade channel performance, competitive assessment and brand performance
- Integrate consumer and marketplace data and analysis from multiple sources to generate consumer-centric insights and provide actionable business recommendations and predictions
- Lead and inspire others with engaging communications in writing and verbally, ability to tell a "story" with a point of view
- Manage and develop project pipelines while working independently on multiple projects and priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Build client relationships and serve as strategic thinking partner to stakeholders
- Build internal and external network, and engage on business and technical issues
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
We are seeking a results driven team player with a sound understanding and broad experience in analytical methods and applications to businesses. Other qualifications include:
- Minimum five years of relevant analytics and/or Market Research experience (CPG industry a plus)
- Experience in statistics and marketing analysis and analytic methods
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel & PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS, Python or R and data visualization and analysis tools such as Tableau
- Ability to translate analytical results to business implications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment
- Effectively interact with senior level management
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and the creativity to find and try new solutions
- Strategic thinking and consultative skills, a sense of urgency and curiosity, and the courage and confidence to debate
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy, planning issues, resource allocation, and priority setting
- Graduate degree (MBA or MS in Statistics, Economics or Analytics) is strongly preferred
The Altria Family of Companies includes Philip Morris USA, US Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, Nu Mark and more. Our mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Our core brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black and Mild and MarkTen. Altria Client Services’ role is to provide high quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are committed to true innovation, process simplification, diversity and inclusion, and rewarding our employees with strong benefits.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary with annual incentive compensation target
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, spouses or domestic partners and eligible dependents
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan that includes options for personal contributions and company match as well as additional company contributions
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, 14 paid holidays and vacation purchase option
NOTE: Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.