Precision for Medicine: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist who will be part of the Corporate Analytics team and work on our Proprietary PATH platform, with R, UI design, web technologies, and AWS experience.
Precision for Medicine (“Precision”) is a specialized service provider, based in Frederick, Maryland, engineered specifically to address the emerging needs of next generation life science companies. We understand the new challenges and opportunities posed by the modern health care market and offer a combination of expertise, scientific infrastructure, and organizational scale to help guide products from development, through regulatory review, to market introduction and commercial success.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will be part of the Corporate Analytics team and work on our Proprietary PATH platform.
Precision’s PATH Analytics Platform is a proprietary machine learning and knowledge generation platform engineered for use on ‘omics data in translational research and drug development. The Data Scientist will primarily serve as the resident expert for development, project specific implementation, and maintenance of PATH Explore. Additional responsibilities include support on the development and implementation of PATH Select and PATH Stratify.
- Lead the development of PATH’s knowledge engine PATH Explore
- Lead and support UI advancement to create a unique and seamless user experience
- Support seamless integration of various complex data sources into the PATH platform
- Support integration of secondary NGS pipelines, genomic annotation features, and logical interpretation features into PATH Explore
- Support the development of innovative interactive visualizations of complex data
- Participate in a cross-functional research initiatives related to Precision Medicine as needed
- Maintain the PATH infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
- Create and maintain validation documentation
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in one of the following fields: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science
- 2+ years of experience in front-end and user interface development
- 2+ years of experience in R programming
- An understanding of the principles of UI design and development towards a unique user experience
- Experience with source code management systems such as GIT
- Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services desired
- Solid understanding of quantitative disciplines and advanced analytics (statistics, simulation, optimizations, etc.) desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
- Team player contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment
Top Stories Past 30 Days