Acuity Solutions (BluVector): Applied Data Scientist
Seeking an Applied Data Scientist to apply data science tools and techniques to discover and exploit generalities in software and software application files enabling broad-based detection of the constantly changing global malware corpus.
Acuity Solutions Corporation, maker of BluVector ® is looking for an Applied Data Scientist to join our team. Acuity is a technology and security company dedicated to providing highly-effective technology products and security solutions. Our flagship product, BluVector ®, is a full-spectrum network analytics platform designed to address pervasive cyber security challenges.
Founded in 2015, the company is headquartered in suburban Maryland between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.
Reporting to the Chief Data Scientist, the BluVector ADS is expected to understand how to apply data science tools and techniques to discover and exploit generalities in software and software application files enabling broad-based detection of the constantly changing global malware corpus.
The BluVector ADS curates and analyzes corpuses of software and software application files, develops abstractions of these samples that enable machine learning (feature engineering), tests and monitors the performance of malware detection engines and any associated machine learning models in laboratory and real-world environments, and develops the software required to automate and integrate machine-learning based malware detection into the BluVector product. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and verify effective models for malware detection
- Develop software that implements malware detection analytics (including automated deployment and testing)
- Research software and application-specific file structure and semantics
- Education – Bachelor’s in science, engineering, computer science, or mathematics.
- Experience – 3 years’ experience in data science/machine learning/artificial intelligence or Master’s degree in a related field.
- Candidate must have some demonstrated experience or interest in cybersecurity.
- Proficient in Java and Python
- Proficient working in a Linux-based operating environment
- Familiarity with big data repositories, databases and analysis open source frameworks such as Hadoop, map/reduce, Hbase, NiFi, Spark, mongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Software reverse engineering experience
Acuity Solutions Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this position, send resumes to Careers@BluVectorCyber.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|