Booking: Data Scientist – Machine Learning
Booking.com is looking for rock star Data Scientists to add to join their highly successful Personalization Team, crunching data and providing customers with the most relevant personalized recommendations.
Would you like to translate terabytes of data into unforgettable holidays for millions of people around the globe? Booking.com, the world’s largest accommodation booking website, is looking for rock star Data Scientists to add to join our highly successful Personalization Team within the Front End department.
This product development team crunches endless amounts of data to provide our customers with the best possible experience. They focus on anything from understanding and predicting market data, to ranking all properties on our website, and providing our customers with the most relevant personalized recommendations.
As a Data Scientist you’ll work side by side with Developers, Designers and Product Owners, and take full ownership of your work – from the initial idea-generation phase to the implementation of the final product on our website. Our ideal candidate is result-focused, innovative and has solid quantitative background and a good business understanding.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you’ll take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models. You’ll use the model’s output to create and improve products for our customers, preferably in short development cycles
- Research & Development on how to improve customers’ experience, by using our vast amount of data
- Actively contribute to taking Data Science at Booking.com to the next level
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. R, Octave, and one programming language, e.g. Python, Perl, C/C++, Java
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- Experience implementing a real-world Recommender or Ranking system
- Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT has monthly hackathons, trainings and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Scientist - Machine Learning in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|