GuideOne: Enterprise Information Architect
Define, develop and implement the vision, strategy and methods by which the organization acquires, analyzes, governs and manages the enterprise’s data assets. Identify new business opportunities available through more effective and creative use of data.
We are seeking an Enterprise Information Architect to join our GuideOne team!
The Enterprise Information Architect will define, develop and implement the vision, strategy and methods by which the organization acquires, analyzes, governs and manages the enterprise’s data assets. They will identify new business opportunities available through more effective and creative use of data, provide guidance, strategy and oversight for data-related initiatives and establish and enforce data policies and standards, including enterprise-wide business data definitions and data quality standards.
The 5 crucial areas of concentration for this role are:
- Provide vision, strategies and tactical leadership to standardize how data is sourced, integrated and consumed across the enterprise and aligned with the business strategy
- Lead the governance of the company's data and information assets
- Establish and promote effective processes and a culture for strong data/information quality
- Develop new data/information assets to support company strategies such as becoming more customer focused
- Collaborate with Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and IT to make sure the optimal data architecture and technology systems are in place to create an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate access controls
Required experience and credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, actuarial science, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ of direct accountability for data/information architecture
Preferred experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Combined experience in project and/or operational roles driving execution of data analysis and design, master data management, data warehousing, business intelligence, business performance management, predictive analytics, data quality, data governance, and business information strategy
- Property casualty insurance experience is highly desired.
- Experience with complex data warehouse, data mart and cube architectures
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies preferred
- Experience with Information / Data Management or Business Intelligence Maturity Models
- Experience with technology hype cycles related to information architecture preferred
- Familiarity with insurance industry, common business capabilities and architectures
- Ability to work in a collaborative project environment directing the work on data architecture tasks
- Ability to build data stewardship and data ownership capabilities across the enterprise
- Ability to maintain an enterprise data dictionary and eliminate redundant or conflicting definitions
- Hands on data modeling and process modeling skills at conceptual, logical, and physical levels utilizing one or more market-leading software tool(s) such as ERwin, ER Studio, Rational, Visio, ProVision, Troux, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise conceptual and logical data models and dimensional and other reporting-based data model types
- In-depth knowledge of information architecture, data integration design patterns, data virtualization, information as a service, BI cloud computing
- Familiar with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce and/or HBase
- Familiar with data extract, transform and load processes
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and present solutions
- Excellent business judgment, analytic and problem-solving skills, with experience applying these skills to analyze large, complex and multi-dimensional data sets
- Proven ability to synthesize insights and explain technical concepts to cross-functional teams
- Mental flexibility, including ability to dive deep into details of the data to ensure quality, while understanding the big picture objectives of a given project
- Proven experience leading strategic design, delivery and governance of major cross-functional business efforts. Demonstrated expertise operationalizing data governance, data stewardship and data quality
- Exceptional written communication skills (C-Suite/Board of Directors level) and experience creating high-impact presentations, intuitive and well-structured reports and dashboards, and deep-dive analyses
- Strong project management skills needed to organize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Reports to SVP, Chief Analytics Officer
- Members of Sr Staff to develop information strategy and data needs, get support for data quality and governance initiatives
- CIO and other senior leaders of IT to coordinate architectural strategy for data
- Data Stewardship Committee – chairs this committee of key data analysts and IT leaders from around the organization
- Data Stewards and Data Owners named throughout the organization – key individuals in the business that have ownership and accountability for the data their department produces.
Decision Making Authority:
- Negotiates data and consultant contracts
- Establishes enterprise wide strategies for data and information
GuideOne Insurance was founded in 1947 upon a commitment to social responsibility. We continue the tradition today, proudly protecting the people who strengthen our communities. GuideOne serves churches, education institutions, senior living and health care centers and nonprofit organizations with commercial insurance solutions.
Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes up to 3% match and 4% discretionary for a total of up to 7% at 100%
- Generous time off program including, vacation, illness and holiday
- Flexible work schedules
- Business casual everyday with jeans on Friday
- Wellness incentives of up to $900 a year
- Free Basic Life & AD&D
- Free short –term and long-term disability
- Full onsite cafeteria, open every day for breakfast and lunch with subsidized pricing
- Educational assistance program
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision
- Various employee events coordinated by our fun committee
- Onsite shop services including oil changes, massages and full mailing station
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities
- Free parking, employee gardens, and so much more!