Fusion Media Group – Univision Communications: Data Scientist
Help develop groundbreaking data-driven solutions and products to advance our growing digital and linear businesses.
Fusion is seeking a Data Scientist to join its Analytics team. The Data Scientist will help develop groundbreaking data-driven solutions and products to advance our growing digital and linear businesses. The ideal candidate will have a background in statistical theory, computer science, quantitative social science and/or a related field. If you geek out over data and want to work with people who are talented at what they do and passionate about building the next generation of media, then we should talk.
Keys to success:
- You are curious, inquisitive, proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and methodical.
- You like to use data to identify and solve problems.
- You are not afraid to take a risk, fail, and learn from the experience.
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights.
- You are passionate about the digital space and opportunities to reinvent how media companies use storytelling to build relationships with their audiences.
What you will do here:
- Become an expert with our audience, content and social datasets. Recommend ways to further enrich these data.
- Use data to solve mission-critical business problems, in particular those related to:
- optimizing digital and linear content
- developing deeper understandings of our audiences across platforms
- improving the performance of our digital products.
- Help build tools and applications to streamline and/or automate the above, particularly for Fusion’s editorial, product and growth teams
- Communicate results to stakeholders across the business
- Be an internal expert with respect to complex statistical data analysis, data modeling, data mining, and machine learning. Be an expert about our external competition in data science and analytics.
- Excellent understanding of major regression, clustering, classification and dimensionality reduction techniques and algorithms
- At least 2 years of statistical programming experience with Python or R, including familiarity with advanced data analysis packages (e.g scikit-learn, scipy, pandas)
- Advanced grasp of SQL
Bonus points for:
- Experience with AWS (i.e. RDS, Redshift)
- Experience accessing social network APIs via Python
- Experience with MapReduce and Hadoop
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience working in media
- Preference given to candidates with a Master’s or PhD degree
Fusion is a multi-platform media company that serves a young, diverse, and inclusive millennial generation across its television and digital platforms . Fusion delivers a unique mix of news, pop culture, and comedy content that is both smart and irreverent . Fusion was launched as a joint venture between Univision Communications Inc. and the Disney/ABC Television Network on October 28, 2013. Fusion has agreements with several major distributors to carry the cable network including DirecTV, Dish, Cablevision, Charter, Cox, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FiOS and Google Fiber.
Top Stories Past 30 Days