CSC Venture Capital: Quantitative Analyst
Seeking a Quantitative Analyst to join the investment team, to help identify insights in large unstructured data sets and develop, analyze and deploy quant-based investment decision support tools for early stage private technology investment.
Company: CSC Venture Capital
Location: Palo Alto or San Francisco, CA
Position: Quantitative Analyst
This position has been filled.
CSC Venture Capital is looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join the investment team. CSC Venture Capital is the Palo Alto based venture capital arm of CSC Group, one of the largest and most successful private equity and venture capital firms in China with approximately US$12bn under management. CSC VC partnered with AngelList in October 2015 committing to deploy $400m in private early stage technology companies.
The Quantitative Analyst’s primary roles will be to support operations of the investment control system and the development of quant-based decision tools leveraging the significant data assets available to CSC VC.
Specifically, the Quantitative Analyst will:
- Structure and build quant-based tools to identify insights in large unstructured data sets
- Develop, analyze and deploy quant-based investment decision support tools for early stage private technology investment
- Work with partners to analyze incoming deals using deployed quant models and tools
- Build and maintain CSC’s investment control system, authoring deal memos, tracking portfolio companies, generating portfolio analytics etc.
- Perform ad hoc modeling for ‘special situations’ in the CSC VC Growth portfolio
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergrad degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics or a quantitative field from top-tier school
- 1-2 years of experience in data science for another venture fund, technology company and/or startup, or experience at a top tier consulting firm
- A demonstrated interest in and awareness of recent trends in the startup ecosystem, venture funding and best practice tools for large scale data management
- Experience with SQL, Python, machine learning, network and probability theory
- Comfort in an entrepreneurial, small team environment
This is an ideal role for a candidate early in his/her career looking to both learn traditional venture investing approaches and contribute to the new field of quant based private tech investing.
Top Stories Past 30 Days