Mid-Atlantic PERMANENTE Medical Group: Research Data Analyst
Provide analytic support on research projects involving clinical data, including collaborating with investigators in research studies, designing databases for research projects, and running analytical reports and statistics. Previous healthcare experience required.
Location: Rockville, MD
Email to email@example.com
The MAPRI Research Data Analyst provides analytic support on various types of research projects involving clinical data. Specific responsibilities include: collaborating with investigators in the design of research studies and methodologies; designing databases for research projects; running analytical reports and statistics; working with investigators to validate, troubleshoot and interpret results; actively participate with clients in discussions to identify key areas and priorities for focus based on data analysis and assist with design of data solutions.
The Research Analyst reports to the Director, Research Analytics and Data Development.
- Serve as project data analyst for multiple research studies.
- Participate on project teams, provide analytic support and assist in development of data solutions.
- Oversee all phases of SAS/SQL/analytical programming, data management, macros, quality control and reporting of research data.
- Identify and resolve analytic problems using knowledge, background and interactive problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
- Contribute to methodology design and development of databases to support research projects.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Serve as a resource for research project teams and interact directly with clients and investigators.
- Present and review study results to clients and professional colleagues.
- Assist with monitoring studies to ensure compliance with Kaiser Permanente policies and procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain data integrity.
- PREVIOUS HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master's degree in Public Health, biostatistics, or related field.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience designing, developing, implementing, and managing research databases using SQL and SAS.
- Strong analytic, troubleshooting, problem-solving and quality assurance skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of statistical and research methodology.
- Ability to communicate complex analysis results.
- Ability to translate data into meaningful information in report format or presentation.
- Work collaboratively as part of a research team.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Top Stories Past 30 Days