ACI Worldwide: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist in Providence, RI, to develop predictive models for clients in the finance, retail and telecommunications industries utilizing a variety of statistical, machine learning, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence algorithms.
At: ACI Worldwide
Location: Providence, RI
Position: Data Scientist
Inspired, driven, passionate innovators,
Defining the future of global payments... together.
ACI Worldwide, the Universal Payments company, powers electronic payments and banking for more than 5,000 financial institutions, retailers, billers and processors around the world. ACI software processes $13 trillion in payments and securities transactions for more than 250 of the leading global retailers, and 21 of the world’s 25 largest banks. Through our comprehensive suite of software products and hosted services, we deliver a broad range of solutions for payment processing; card and merchant management; online banking; mobile, branch and voice banking; fraud detection; trade finance; and electronic bill presentment and payment. ACI has an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our team in Providence, RI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop predictive models for clients in the finance, retail and telecommunications industries utilizing a variety of statistical, machine learning, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence algorithms, including neural networks, decision trees, logistic regression, clustering and others.
- Design, develop, test and deliver high quality software/solutions with limited direction from the project lead and/or manager. Provide direct estimates, such as time, percentage of project completion, etc. to lead and/or manager.
- Takes responsibility for the final outcome/results of the deliverables.
- Create and review unit, component integration, system and performance test plans and scripts, execute tests, analyze the results.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews/inspections.
- Build productive customer relationships by taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Be a self-motivator and initiator, able to work alone as well as a team member.
- Research and resolve customer reported problems.
- Provide information to keep management informed on the progress and issues relating to all assigned projects.
- Provide technical assistance to others.
- Applies new approaches as a direct result of one’s own initiative that results in a better solution, increased quality and/or greater efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or technical discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Experience in software development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong team player with good communication and presentation skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Graduate degree in technical discipline
- Experience with statistical, machine learning, pattern recognition, artificial intelligence, dimensionality reduction and/or data mining techniques applied to real world problems
- Strong object oriented programming skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis and visualization
- Experience using relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL)
- Experience with analysis of large multivariate datasets
- Experience using one or more data mining/data tools and frameworks such as SPSS, SAS, R, WEKA, scikit-learn, MATLAB, etc.
In return for your expertise, we offer challenge, opportunity, and an excellent compensation and benefits package in a casual environment. Once you experience ACI, you’ll agree there is no better place to work.
Position will be posted for 5 business days or until the position is filled.
ACI Worldwide is an AA/EEO employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.