Equifax: Data Strategy Leader
Seeking a high-performing team leader who is an expert in data structures, information platforms and analytical solutions, capable of both designing and developing innovative data and analytical solutions, and managing a team of industry-leading data and business analysts.
The Workforce Solutions Data Strategy Leader will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive data strategy roadmap for the Workforce Solutions business unit of Equifax. This team leader will be relentless in identifying and building new data assets and analytical solutions that accelerate our ability to fulfill on customer demand. Data and Analytics is a high-energy, fast-growing organization charged with building and supporting best-in- industry data assets and analytical solutions. We deliver solutions and insights to enable success for our customers, drive growth for our business and create value for our shareholders.
We are looking to hire a high-performing team leader who is an expert in data structures, information platforms and analytical solutions, capable of both designing and developing innovative data and analytical solutions, and managing a team of industry-leading data and business analysts that constantly accelerates our ability to fulfill on customer demand for actionable insights and information. Qualified candidates will have a strong academic background in data and information management, or relevant field, along with an ability to work across verticals with a preference to those who have experience in data management within finance-related industries (finance, credit, lending, insurance, risk, etc). Knowledge of data sources and data acquisition strategies is a must. The candidate must have excellent managerial credentials, executive presence and a business development mindset. The position will require significant interaction and communication with senior executives within Equifax and among top-tier clients.
Candidates should be courageous, tenacious, creative, optimistic and curious, and they should have a demonstrated track record of business-minded leadership. This newly-created, St. Louis-based role will report to the Business Unit Data and Analytics Leader.
- Cultivate a high-performance results-oriented team leveraging both direct reports and in-direct (shared) resources
- Generate profitable business growth by relentlessly driving customer value through superior information quality and fulfillment rates
- Develop the 3-5+ year strategic roadmap for the Data Strategy team along with the associated program tracking mechanisms
- Work effectively and cooperatively with customers, co-workers, vendors, and management to create new ideas for data assets and analytical solutions that solve customer business problems
- Design innovative new data solutions and lead the development of those solutions (Proof of Concept development, business case development, feasibility analysis, prototyping through full new product deliverables)
- Ensure execution across each of the areas of strategic focus
- Work with Product Managers, Sales Consultants and Technology teams to drive new data solution ideas and ensure efficient implementation
- Serve as a relationship manager and evangelist for key data contributors and partners, managing communications and governance, and developing new approaches to improve furnisher engagement and satisfaction
- Influence the customer experience through a strong command of the problems faced and strategies deployed by decision makers in these spaces, as well as a grasp of the compensation and other motivating factors impacting them
- Deliver practical and actionable recommendations based upon marketing intelligence generated through competitive analysis and industry economics research
- Be a thought leader for the company, leveraging a comprehensive understanding of and experience in marketing campaign construction and delivery in financial and non-financial industries - from the perspective of data vendors, companies consuming marketing solutions and services, and creative agencies
Who You Are (Requirements):
- Master's or advanced degree in Information Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or other related discipline. MBA from a top tier school with a strong quantitative background is highly desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in big data management and constructing data-based solutions
- Ability to effectively manage and develop team members
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple high-impact projects at the same time
- Ability to align departments and individuals with competing agendas to do great work within tight timelines, without sacrificing the essential objectives of our projects.
- Knowledge and experience in data modelling (Logical, Physical)
- Expertise in data management and analytics
- Hands on experience in SAS, Hadoop, SQL or related tools
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry, regulations, and the data applied for marketing, risk, and account management
- Efficiently operate within a matrixed organization
- Experience in simultaneously managing the expectations of multiple companies, either in a sales-oriented or consortium governance role. Solid perspective in managing expectations, risks and rewards for many engaged parties at one time.
- Experience with segmentation development, motivational based research execution, direct marketing, customer and program strategy development.
- Creativity and drive, as well as the ability to identify efficiencies and opportunities. The ability to collaborate with multiple teams and to get these teams to collaborate with each other. Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit.
- The willingness to travel as needed, likely between 10-25% of the time.