Equifax: Data Visualization Engineer
Seeking a Data Visualization Engineer to support and to develop solutions that will foster data driven decision making. You will work on large-scale datasets in our Big Data platform transforming data, aggregating key metrics and building interactive visualizations.
Equifax Data and Analytics is a high-energy, fast-growing organization charged with building and supporting best-in- industry data assets and analytical solutions. We deliver solutions and insights to enable success for our customers, drive growth for our business and create value for our shareholders.
Analytics group at Equifax Workforce Solutions is looking for a Data Visualization Engineer to support and to develop solutions that will foster data driven decision making. You will work on large-scale datasets in our Big Data platform transforming data, aggregating key metrics and building interactive visualizations. This person will develop a deep understanding the analytical need to support the customer use case. The person will use their working knowledge of Equifax data assets, big data technologies, keying and linking concepts and data handling skills to craft analytical data sets. Data visualization techniques will be used to communicate results of data analysis. Working in a matrix environment to deliver complete solutions is required. The individual will interact with all levels of people including Data Stewards, Analytics professionals, IT, Sales and Customers. In addition to the above, this individual will serve as a lead consultant on the best methods to visualize information for the entire Equifax Workforce Solutions Data and Analytics team.
This individual must have a solid educational foundation and ability to balance delivery of near-term results that are aligned with the long-term vision and roadmap. The individual must be detail-oriented and a fast learner in order to work with all Equifax’s major data assets and a rapidly changing technology environment.
We are looking for a person that is smart, creative, ambitious and most of all passionate about data and visualization. Large-scale data analytics should excite you. Equifax Workforce Solutions is very much about helping its people grow—meaningfully, effectively and prosperously. We care about what we do and we care about our people. A demonstrated passion for data and analytics will provide incredible growth opportunity and will make this the best job you ever had.
Equifax Workforce Solutions Data and Analytics group requires a data visualization engineer specialized in visualization to assist in the continued development and delivery of business critical analyses. The current critical projects include TWN Prime, ROC, TWN quality, project albany, etc...
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with Data and Analytics professionals, IT, Sales, and customers to design, document, and support the construction of internal and customer facing analytical solutions that leverage Equifax’s technology and data assets.
- Solve unique data & analytical problems that have major impacts on both internal and external customer business.
- Develop strategies, standards and best practices in the areas of data visualization, data access and data integration within Equifax’s new big data analytical platforms
- Perform analysis and integrate Equifax, customer data and third party data to solve unique analytical solutions.
- Design and build new internal analytics portal for operational, diagnostics and alerting needs of the company.
- Design and develop Tableau and/or Tibco Spotfire dashboards and analyses.
- Create beautiful and informative presentation-ready visualizations and analyses for internal or external clients using tableau and other open source visualization technologies
- Use agile data wrangling methodologies for extraction and transformation of data using SQL, SAS, R, Hive, Impala, and/or Python to derive data marts to drive dashboards and visualizations.
- Document functional requirements, functional designs, and all technical designs according to Equifax Workforce Solutions technical documentation standards
- Collaborate extensively with Data, Analytics, and Technology leads to ensure the seamless consumption of insights generated from Equifax’s new big data analytical platform.
- Consult and advise Equifax Data and Analytics team on the best methods for communicating data insights through visualization.
- Stay current with rapidly developing Big Data technologies landscape and share knowledge with internally and with customers.
- Ensure proper use of Equifax data assets by working closely with data governance and compliance professionals.
What you need:
- Strong data analysis skills including skills to rapidly learn new data assets. Knowledge of Equifax’s differentiated data assets and technology delivery platforms or equivalent industry experience is a plus.
- Database and Data Analysis technology skills and experience required: SAS, R and SQL. Big Data experience with Hadoop technologies is a plus.
- 7+ years experience and strong knowledge of Data Visualization concepts and experience with tools such as Tibco Spotfire and Tableau.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field with heavy emphasis on programming required.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and cross functional teams.
- Creative and nimble with ability to overcome obstacles to solve the hardest problems
- Flexible and responsive with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority
- Limited travel required.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|