Equifax: Senior Statistical Modeler
Seeking a rare hybrid of business professional and data scientist, to lead the development of customer risk and decisioning models, consumer-level and aggregate attributes, and HR predictive models among others.
The ideal candidate is a rare hybrid of business professional and data scientist with exceptional competence in advanced statistics, computer science and analytics. He or she will lead the development of customer risk and decisioning models, consumer-level and aggregate attributes, and HR predictive models among others. He or she will serve as a mentor and consultant to other statisticians and data analysts on the team, providing critical review and guidance on key projects. Qualified candidates will have a strong academic background in mathematics or statistics, passion for data science, and experience in managing data-intensive projects, along with an interest in analytical product development.
- An advanced Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.). A PhD with 3 years of work experience or a Master's Degree and a minimum of 6 years work experience in data and quantitative analysis is required.
- Experience creating advanced statistical and machine-learning models, from development through testing and validation.
- Ability to design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to customers or company leaders.
- A strong background in data management, analytics, modeling, and statistics. Experience in SAS, R, Hadoop, SQL, Machine Learning, and relational databases.
- Experience designing and implementing Big Data solutions.
- Proficiency in data wrangling, data transformation, and advanced modeling.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to design algorithms, which may include data cleaning, data mining, data clustering and pattern recognition methodologies
- Ability to influence, effectively communicate, synthesize, and make recommendations to business partners, executives, clients and internal stakeholders to secure organizational buy-in and engagement
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a highly matrix-driven organization.
- Analytical product and predicative model development - accountable for the design of innovative new solutions as well as leading the development of those solutions (Proof of Concept development, business case development, feasibility analysis, prototyping through product delivery)
- Internal business development - work with product managers, sales consultants and technology teams to drive new product ideas and ensure new solutions are implemented in an efficient manner.
- Analytical research and development - develop analytical models and solutions, leverage new data sources, and expand analytical techniques.
- May be required to manage data scientists and assist in their training and development.