Corios: Junior Data Engineer
Working with the team to implement data extraction, transformation, and load for clients in regulated industries such as financial services, insurance, retail, and energy sectors. Analyze the current state of the client's business and develop recommendations for improvement.
Location: Portland, OR
Position: Junior Data Engineer
About Corios LLC
We're a growing Portland, Oregon-based management analytics consultancy, looking to hire junior database engineers who enjoy working in a collaborative atmosphere, and solving challenging analytics problems.
Corios is a leader in the discipline of management analytics consulting. Our team leverages decades of experience in multiple industries to deliver holistic business solutions based in analytical, business management, and technological expertise.
Our work is driven by core values and an analytical process that help business leaders cut through the complexity, chart a clear path forward, and make measurable progress toward their objectives.
At Corios, we tell the story that numbers can’t.
About the Junior Database Engineer role
Junior Database Engineers at Corios are responsible for working with the team to implement data extraction, transformation, and load for clients in regulated industries such as financial services, insurance, retail, and energy sectors. Additionally, they will be expected to coordinate, prepare, and manage project documents and deliverables for the project manager; analyze the current state of the client's business; identify gaps and deficiencies, and develop recommendations for improvement.
Qualified candidates should possess most of the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Programming: relevant platforms include SAS, SQL
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux
- Collaborate with IT in client organizations to design and test the data acquisition and ETL processes
- Carry out data acquisition activities ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data through data analysis, coding, and documentation of ETL processes
- Develop, test, and implement ETL program logic using a variety of SQL dialects and the SAS programming language
- Analyze and translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications as part of the development process
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing, and user acceptance testing and fix defects found by testing
- Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues in other functional areas
- SQL programming with Oracle, DB2, Teradata, and/or other RDBMS
- Ability to contribute in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to convey to management and the client what has been built and why
- Ability to complete analytical tasks independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to take initiative
- An intrinsic dedication to quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access)
- UNIX shell/Perl/Python scripting
- SAS programming skills, including SAS PROC SQL, SAS Data Step, and SAS Macro programming skills
- Understanding and usage of SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Stored Processes
- Working knowledge of SAS BI Web Services
- Experience programming with .NET or Java
- Experience working with Informatica
- Experience data modeling in ERwin
- Experience with data in financial services, insurance, retail, and energy business
- Experience with Hadoop/No-SQL data stores
- 2-4 years field experience implementing ETL/data integration in an enterprise IT environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in computer science, data sciences, information sciences, software engineering, or a similar field is required
- Commitment: Full time, 40-50 hours/week.
- Travel: the basic expectation for travel within North America is approx. 25%.
- Candidates are required to pass a background screen including a criminal history, reference check, bankruptcy and drug screen.
Corios LLC is a drug-free employer.
Compensation & benefits
Corios provides competitive compensation, as well as a substantial benefits package. In addition to generous medical and dental, Corios offers full time employees a professional development program and college tuition assistance, transit subsidy, quarterly bonus plan, gym membership, opportunities for advancement and much more.
Top Stories Past 30 Days