Dow Chemical: Advanced Analytics Data Scientist
Seeking an Advanced Analytics Data Scientist to drive bottom-line value, enable Dow’s mission to address the world’s most challenging problems, and collaborate with a world-class multidisciplinary team to translate data into profit using analytics to address a wide range of business problems.
As an Advanced Analytics Data Scientist, you will drive bottom-line value, enabling Dow’s mission to address the world’s most challenging problems. You will collaborate with a world-class multidisciplinary team to translate data into profit using analytics to address a wide range of business problems. Your challenges may come from Commercial, tackling pricing or customer insights, or Supply Chain, analyzing and improving cost to serve, or Procurement, where you can ensure Dow acquires material and services optimally, among other opportunities. You will engage with internal customers across the enterprise to ensure analytic solutions meet their needs and drive results.
Data Scientists in the Advanced Analytics group at Dow:
- Listen to business problems and collaborate with subject matter experts to fully understand the domain.
- Real business challenges into analytical terms, and use rigorous techniques to solve problems in the areas of commercial, marketing, pricing, supply chain, demand planning and strategy.
- Draw from a broad skill set to create solution methodologies, such as data mining, machine learning, statistics, visualization, optimization, and simulation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to acquire, clean and harmonize data needed, project managers to successfully complete projects, and end-users to ensure results become embedded in business processes.
- Explain results to users in down-to-earth terms, avoiding unnecessary mathematical jargon.
- Use a broad set of tools, such as R, Python, SAS, SQL, Excel, Hadoop, Tableau and others.
Others who have been successful in this role have backgrounds in these areas:
- Statistical Modeling
- Data Mining / Text Mining / Machine Learning
- Econometrics / Time Series Analysis
- Operations Research (including simulation and optimization)
- Consumer Behavior Analytics
- Computer Science / Mathematics
- Bachelor degree is required. Quantitative field (i.e. applied stats), Masters or PhD preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in predictive/prescriptive modeling in the Analytics and Big Data space preferred
Note: relocation assistance may be provided for this role.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Top Stories Past 30 Days