Kabbage: Machine Learning Engineer
Seeking machine learning engineers with significant experience in software engineering, machine learning, and big data to develop Kabbage’s underlying platform for building risk models and innovative underwriting algorithms that power lending across both our portfolio and partner financial institutions around the world.
Put complex algorithms and data models into production.
Kabbage, the leading online platform for alternative lending, is looking for strong machine learning engineers to join our data science team.
To date, Kabbage has lent over 2 billion dollars in working capital to small businesses, and through our lending platform has partnered with several international banking institutions to expand our footprint across the world. We have appeared in inc 500’s fastest growing private companies in America for the last two years, and this year placed #28 in top small/medium businesses to work for by Glassdoor.
Our business is powered by a technology platform that enables us to connect to and monitor multiple disparate sources of data such as financial, sales, accounting, and social media, in real-time, apply machine-learned models to assess the financial health of our customers and execute proprietary strategies for risk mitigation and underwriting. Your role will be to help advance the underlying machine learning and data processing technology that lies at the foundation of these capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Implement new algorithms for machine learning, NLP, time series analysis, feature processing, data visualization and more.
- Develop new features and capabilities to make experimentation faster, cheaper, and easier to run for our entire data science and analytics organization.
- Develop real-time data processing systems that turn unstructured data from sources as varied as Facebook, Amazon, credit bureaus, and your banking institution into factors that power our risk models.
- Develop a framework in our big data platform to simulate the impact of different strategies on our loan portfolio.
- Develop new machine-learned models and strategies for multiple use cases including underwriting risk, fraud, and marketing.
What we're looking for in you:
- You possess strong software engineering and programming skills in multiple languages.
- One of those languages is Python.
- You have experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hive, and Presto.
- You have strong expertise in machine learning, and are familiar with one or more of the common frameworks such as scikit-learn, mllib, and tensorflow.
- You have a Ph.D. in CS, statistics, or some other quantitative field or an M.S. and 2 years of experience in the software industry.
- Experience with real-time stream processing frameworks like Kafka is a plus.
- Our people! We are very proud of our people, our products, and our fun, friendly, and passionate culture
- Equity – everyone’s an owner!
- 100% paid benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen & catered lunches daily
- Casual work environment – just cover all of the requisite parts!
- Top of the line hardware
- The environment: Of course we have all of the requisite goodies: unlimited food and beverages (of all kinds), lunch catered daily, regular ping pong tournaments, free parking and white boards filled with questionable drawings. More than that, we have a pretty tight team of passionate, driven individuals with whom you wouldn't mind spending a big part of your day.
#36 on the Inc. 500 | Fast Company’s "Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance" | Business Insider's "Top 20 Unicorn Startups to Work For" | Forbes' "America’s 100 Most Promising Companies"