AspenTech: Principal Data Scientist
Principal Software Engineer to join our growing Asset Performance Management team, building the next generation predictive analytics solution for IoT and asset optimization.
“Enabling every process plant to achieve Operations Excellence” is the AspenTech vision. Founded more than 30 years ago by the best and brightest engineers at MIT, we continue to imagine and invent new ways to bring efficiency to the process industry. Today, AspenTech is thriving with our relentless focus on innovation, collaboration, and execution combined with world-class experts who speak more than 10 languages and work in 30 different offices worldwide. This is a place where people are fiercely passionate about technology, a balanced lifestyle, and a desire to make a difference in the process industries.
Our software tackles the most complex process manufacturing challenges, creating value and improving profitability for our customers. The industries that drive our economies and touch our lives are optimized by aspenONE software every day. The world’s leading oil & gas, chemical, engineering & construction, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, and consumer packaged goods companies—including Dow Chemical, ExxonMobil, BASF, Shell, and many others—all rely on AspenTech software to run their business. With integrated aspenONE software, process manufacturers can optimize their engineering, manufacturing, and supply chains. AspenTech customers are better able to achieve operational excellence: increasing capacity and improving margins, reducing costs, and becoming more energy efficient while ensuring safety and shrinking their carbon footprint.
AspenTech is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our growing Asset Performance Management team, building the next generation predictive analytics solution for IoT and asset optimization. As a Principal Software Engineer,you will help define architectures, standards, and best practices; mentor other engineers; and raise the bar for the engineering culture. AspenTech has always pushed the limits of technology and engineering. We are now embarking on the next evolution, from process optimization to asset optimization, with global implications for the IoT. This is your opportunity to play a critical role in this cutting edge transformation.
- Develop new product concepts and implementation, deliver product prototypes.
- Research and design new models by employing your mathematical knowledge, hacking skills, familiarity with machine learning libraries
- Design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy company's software.
- Build scalable, highly reliable, and super-fast globally distributed services.
- Build a software stack that scales from on-premises software to deployments in secure environments to large multi-tenant systems.
- Execute product specification, system design, development and system integration.
- Provide technical support to product management, product marketing, services, customer and business support on customer activities.
- Some travel (up to 10%) may be required.
- MS in Computer Science or a related major.
- PhD in a highly quantitative area is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in data analysis and software development.
- Experience building large scale production services from the ground up.
- Top notch programming skills. Focus on C++, C#, Python.
- Hands-on experience with time series analysis, predictive modeling, machine learning algorithms, data mining.
- Familiarity with big data and cloud technologies paradigms.
- Good understanding of data structures, modern coding standards, RESTful technology.
- Experience with hands-on mentoring and technical leadership of teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- English fluency (written and verbal) required.
AspenTech is an equal opportunity employer. Visit us at www.aspentech.com.