Zoll LifeVest: Advisory Researcher, Predictive Algorithms
Seeking individuals to conduct applied research on predictive algorithms to advance the company strategy of improving outcomes for patients at risk of Sudden Cardiac Arrest, collaborating with teams of Physicians, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Specialists.
At ZOLL LifeVest, our vision is to revolutionize the prevention of sudden cardiac arrest, which claims more lives annually than breast cancer, lung cancer and HIV/AIDS combined in the United States. On any given day, tens of thousands of people are protected from sudden cardiac death by wearing the LifeVest.
Fueled by the success of the business, the ZOLL R&D team is growing rapidly. ZOLL’s ongoing investment in Research and Development aims to further increase the array of clinical products and applications in tandem with expanding the population of cardiac patients that may be helped by our products. Our Pittsburgh based R&D group is comprised of an exceptional team of talented, collaborative, and driven individuals focused on developing real world solutions through the creative and intelligent use of technology that helps to improve patient lives.
We are actively seeking technical contributors at all levels and across many disciplines (including enterprise/web and embedded software, electrical/hardware, mechanical/industrial, test, systems engineering, project/program management, human factors, systems analysis, and technical writing among others). You will be developing new and improved products and services, solving technically challenging problems, and working with an outstanding team of technical professionals who are dedicated to protecting patients from sudden cardiac death and saving lives.
The specific duties vary across roles. However, there are some common traits applicable to all:
- You need to be well grounded in your technical discipline, ideally through a mix of education and a demonstrated successful track record of performance.
- Your passion for your craft will be obvious. You need to be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once in an exciting, invigorating environment of rapid growth.
- You must be able to achieve timely results under high standards of workmanship that are accountable to both regulatory agencies and ultimately our patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct applied research on predictive algorithms to advance the company strategy of improving outcomes for patients at risk of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Collaborate with teams of Physicians, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Specialists, among others, to identify needs, define requirements, and develop complete, fieldable solutions.
- Lead the development of system architectures for training, testing, and deploying machine learning models.
- Keep abreast of pertinent machine learning research by studying published work and attending conferences.
- Manage aspects of research and development projects including scope, resources, and schedule.
- Act as technical advisor to others in the R&D organization.
- Share development processes, tools, and best practices with the R&D organization.
No Direct Supervisory Responsibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
Requires degree in computer engineering / computer science or related field with an emphasis on digital signal processing, machine learning / predictive algorithms, and. M.S. or PhD preferred. Experience with distributed data processing, and big data analysis. 4 years of software team leadership experience in Product Development environments (medical device industry preferred). Demonstrated track record of delivering correct and performant solutions. Familiar with both waterfall and agile project management methodologies and able to apply when appropriate. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to influence and motivate team members across a variety of functions inside and outside of the R&D organization. Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask the daily tactics w/o losing sight of the long range strategies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.