Accenture: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist to manage / coordinate with the team that identifies and develops advanced analytics statistical models, machine learning methods and solutions for Accenture operations clients to improve various business outcome indicators.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
The Data Scientist will be part of Accenture Analytics as a Service Core Data Scientist team. They will be managing / coordinating with the team that identifies and develops advanced analytics statistical models, machine learning methods and solutions for Accenture operations clients to improve various business outcome indicators. Objectives of the team is to:
- Successfully develop, conceptualize and test various statistical and machine learning models
- Integrates the outcomes as real time analytics to elevate the Accenture’s ability to create value for clients in areas and through means not immediately apparent to clients
Data Scientists in Operations follow multiple approaches for project execution from adapting existing assets to Operations use cases, exploring third-party and open source solutions for speed to execution and for specific use cases, and engaging in fundamental research to develop novel solutions. They also leverage the vast global network of Accenture to collaborate with Accenture Tech Labs, Accenture Open Innovation and Accenture Analytics for creating solutions. Data Scientists are expected to collaborate with other data scientists, subject matter experts, sales, and delivery teams from Accenture locations around the globe to deliver strategic advanced analytics projects from design to execution.
- Masters or Ph.D. (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Economics)
- Minimum 3 years' of Data Science experience for Ph.D. candidates and 5 years for Masters candidates
- Minimum 3 years' of work experience in relevant domains (F&A, Procurement, Fraud, Infrastructure Analytics, eCommerce, Security, Retail, Supply Chain Health Care, Pharma, Retail) – with hands on experience handling data driven decisions
- Minimum 3 years' of experience in at least one of the following – Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Classification Models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Non-parametric Methods, Multivariate Statistics, Reliability Models, Markov Models, Stochastic models, Bayesian Models
- Minimum 3 years' of various statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments
- Minimum 2 years' of experience in statistical and other tools/languages (SAS, C, C++, Java, Python)
- Minimum 2 years' of programming experience (C, C++, Java, SAS, Python)
- Experience leading or collaborating with a team of data scientists in developing and delivering machine learning models that work in a production setting
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux environments
- Experience working with large data sets and tools like MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with large data streaming technologies like Spark, Flink, etc.
- Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL
- Ability to think creatively to solve real world business problems
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|